Finance and Administration Manager
|Title:||Finance and Administration Manager|
|Category:||Affiliate –Professional (Locally recruited)|
|Duty Station:||Jakarta, Indonesia|
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law.
To learn more about IDLO, please visit our website www.idlo.int or follow us on Twitter @IDLO.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager (PM), Indonesia, with a dotted line to the Rome based Program Accountants Coordinator, the Finance & Administration Manager (FAM) is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the finance, procurement, ICT and office management policies, procedures and guidelines for the Indonesia Office (IO) to provide optimum and effective support to IDLO’s programming. The FAM will work in close coordination with all departments at IDLO Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
- Lead in the monthly financial close of the Indonesia Office and the production of monthly financial statements, supporting schedules and reconciliations.
- Prepare relevant financial management reports of the country office, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, taking necessary corrective measures where applicable.
- Performing IO balance sheet account reconciliations on a timely basis and ensuring that differences or discrepancies are addressed in a timely manner.
2) Accounts Payables:
- Process all expenses generated at the IO level ensuring they comply with IDLO policies and procedures, accrual accounting and donor rules and regulations.
- Closely review procurement documents to ensure they comply with IDLO policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations, including but not limited to, ensuring that costs are program related, supporting documentation is complete, accuracy of amounts and proof of receipt of services or goods prior to payment.
3) Cash and bank management:
- Review and consolidate monthly cash forecasts for the IO ensuring funds are fully reconciled before submitting to HQ for processing. This will include working with program staff to develop accurate cash forecasts.
- Ensure adequate controls around the management and use of cash, including appropriate cash counts and reconciliations on a periodic basis.
- Manage the risk associated with foreign exchange movements ensuring that measures are taken to reduce the IO exposure to forex movements.
4) Grants and budget management:
- Ensure costs are allocated in accordance with the approved program budgets and IDLO chart of accounts.
- Coordinate with program staff to prepare budgets to support new proposals or realignments and ensure full cost recovery is adopted as applicable.
5) Sub-grants management:
- Conduct, in close coordination with the PM, organizational assessments and regular spot checks assessing risks and quality of implementing partner’s internal process.
- Manage the support employees imbedded with Implementing partners.
- Coordinate the sub-granting processes, monitoring and management systems to ensure effective and timely issuance, reporting and oversight of all sub-grants.
- Maintain sub-grant tracking sheet and filing system for all sub-grantees proposals, agreements, financial reports and outstanding advances.
- Review all sub-grant monitoring reports and prepare management summaries of findings and recommendations for discussion with the PM.
- Ensure each sub-grantee submits financial reports in accordance with sub-grant agreements and review financial reports for reasonableness; verifying consistency in programmatic delivery and financial spending.
6) Filing financial documents:
- Ensure all original documents are properly coded and filed for ease of future reference prior to shipment to HQ.
- Ensure that all electronic copies of all documents shipped to Rome are maintained at the IO, filed electronically and in sequence.
- Provide logistical support to Programs’ activities; including, coordinating smooth implementation of and adherence to logistic and security procedures.
- Oversee the planning and discharging of procurement according to IDLO policies.
- Keep track of contractual agreements and assist users with contractual rights and obligations.
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, sub-grantees, and institutions on operational matters concerning the Program.
- With guidance from HQ, support in HR operations management including leave management and payroll.
8) Audit and compliance:
- Be the lead contact at the IO on audit related exercises, including audits for the implementing partners.
- Support the IO whenever audit requests are submitted, ensuring that the auditors are provided with the necessary supporting documents on a timely manner.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and work experience
- Master’s degree in business, finance, or related field is required. Professional accounting qualifications would be beneficial;
- Minimum of 8 years of substantial professional experience in the field of accounting and financial management preferably within international organizations with donor-funded programs;
- Experience working with multi-partner projects highly desirable. Languages
- Fluent oral and writing skills in English and Indonesian language are required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Significant experience with accounting system management;
- Solid Experience to oversee the procurement process;
- Knowledge of administrative procedures of an international development agency;
- Proven ability to handle a large volume of work in an effective and timely manner;
- Demonstrated ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
- Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships with stakeholders;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software;
- A keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an affiliate contract initially until end of December 2019, with the possibility of extension, subject to performance and availability of continued funding.
This vacancy is open to local nationals, permanent residents of the duty station.
The selected candidate is expected to start as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: February 10, 2019 (23.59 hrs. Rome time).
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.