GOVERNING BODIES ASSISTANT, EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT
GOVERNING BODIES ASSISTANT
Executive Management is the corporate engine that binds the Centre together, builds management cohesion, collegiality and cooperation. Key executive management processes are decision-making, information dissemination, intelligence-gathering, and organizational development and learning, and change management. Executive Management includes certain organizational functions that need to be independent of the departments. Executive Management facilitates and supports the Senior Leadership Team and any other management bodies. Finally, Executive Management ensures that the Secretary General, the Deputy Secretary General and the Director General receive all the support they require in the exercise of their responsibilities.
Under the guidance of the Director, Executive Management, and the supervision of the Governing Bodies and Executive Officer to the Secretary General, the Governing Bodies Assistant is responsible for providing support to the supervisor and the Director, Executive Management so that they can operate in an efficient and effective manner. Using administrative management skills, forward planning, initiative, imagination and ingenuity, the incumbent ensures that tasks are completed on schedule and that office procedures function smoothly while ensuring confidentiality across all messaging and exchanges of correspondence.
- Streamline the flow of information to facilitate speed of action by supervisors;
- Synthesize and prepare information for action, act independently, where authorized, in a timely and constructive manner;
- Compile and review necessary background documents, briefs, meeting folders, ensuring their completeness;
- Participate as note-taker at Governing Bodies Sessions, ensure the timely distribution of their minutes or reports within the Secretariat and to the Governing Bodies;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures;
- Create and maintain internal calendar related to the Governing Bodies;
- Act as focal point for all routine correspondence to the Governing Bodies on behalf of the Secretariat;
- Support in drafting other outgoing correspondence to the Governing Bodies and track progress;
- Follow-up with other colleagues to ensure deadlines are met;
- Ensure appropriate filing and follow-up systems are in place, using agreed organization tools and methods;
- Assist the Director, Executive Management, with all matters with regard to budget, expenditures and procurement related to Governing Bodies events;
- Coordinate with Communications Department related to the necessary website updates with regard to profiles of individual Governing Bodies’ members;
- Upon request of other Departments, and in close coordination with the supervisor, act as focal point for issuance of informative Notes Verbales about KAICIID events outside Headquarters, to relevant diplomatic entities ;
- Act as focal point for the weekly meeting of Executive Management Department;
- Replace the Governing Bodies and Executive Officer to the Secretary General in all matters relating to Governing Bodies during his/her absence;
- Undertake any other assignments as may be required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in law, international relations, or other related field;
- Six (6) years of relevant working experience preferably in an inter-governmental organization;
- Excellent writing, drafting and editing skills;
- Experience with Microsoft software applications, excellent knowledge of Excel and Word;
- Capacity to deal with conflicting priorities and to operate in difficult business environments while delivering high quality work on schedule; facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries
- Commitment to continuous learning and sharing knowledge;
- KAICIID core values and competencies;
- Commitment to highest ethical standards and human rights.
English proficiency, knowledge of any other major language desirable.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
KAICIID offers fixed-term contracts of one year with a possibility of extension, depending on the continuing need for the position. Annual net salary for Grade 7 Step 1 is 35736 EUR. Appointments are normally made at Step 1. KAICIID salaries are exempt from taxation in Austria.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
17 February 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your CV along with a motivation letter. At this stage, please do not send any diplomas, publications or any other documents. Only short-listed candidates will be further contacted by KAICIID.
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.