Financial Controller (focusing on Somalia)
Do you have extensive experience in budgeting, accounting, follow-up and financial reporting? Are you known for your pedagogical experiences and abilities and good knowledge in Excel? Then you are the one we are looking for!
The Finance team, Stockholm
Organisationally, the financial controller belongs to the Finance team that is responsible for financial accounting, budget and financial follow up and audits. The financial controller of Somalia works collaboratively with Head of Multi-regional who she/he supports in financial issues related to Forum Syd’s programme interventions in Somalia.
Areas of responsibility
- Ensure the quality of financial reporting from the programmes in Somalia
- Advice, train and support the Finance Managers and their staff in Somalia in the financial area. Together with Finance Managers visit and audit partners in Somalia.
- Support the Subgranting officers and the Somalia team in Stockholm in financial matters related to Somalia
- Coordinate and/or participate in the processes of auditing, budgeting, follow-up and financial reporting to the donor.
- Participate in the annual closing.
- Participate in internal audits and coordinating external Swedish audits of the programmes. Follow-up on financial risks regarding Forum Syd´s financial operations in Somalia and Cambodia.
- Give advice and support in matters related to deviations in projects and programmes.
- Handle work related to budget, financial follow up in relation to reporting to Sida and internal follow-up.
- Participate as financial controller in Somalia Prepcoms with special focus on budgets and other finance related issues.
- Prepare requisitions of funds to SIDA
- Control payments of grants from Sweden in sub granting programmes
- Facilitate and contribute to the development of the organisation´s financial management and financial systems
- Participate in meetings, seminars or conferences when relevant to further develop the knowledge in the field of financial control
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a financial controller or auditor
- Very good ability to express oneself orally and in writing in both Swedish and English
- Relevant academic degree or equivalent qualifications obtained in another way
- Experience in start-up and implementation of programmes/projects
- Knowledge of the context in Somalia
- Experience from working in a developing country
This position is a full-time temporary position for one year, with possibility to be a permanent position. The position is located at Forum Syd's office, Stockholm. In this position you will travel to Somalia in order to support and train the finance staff, do internal audits and together with the Finance managers meet and perform audits of partners. Travelling is estimated to 4-5 times a year.
Forum Syd supports equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
All personal data we receive at Forum Syd will be handled in accordance to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), read more here. By applying you agree to us storing any information you provide as part of your application.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Financial Controller – Somalia” no later than 21st of March 2019.
We select candidates and conduct interviews regularly during the recruitment process. Do not wait to submit your application because the recruitment process may end as soon as we find the right person. We look forward to receiving your application!
Marie Karsberg, Finance Manager, 08-506 370 27
Desirée Köhler, Human Resources Manager, 072-077 2131.
Unionen representative: Karin Gregow, 08-506 371 62
Saco representative: Lotta Granberg, 08-506 371 26
About Forum Syd
Forum Syd is a civil society member organisation that works with development issues from a rights-based perspective. Our vision is “a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change”. We work with advocacy and capacity development of partner organisations around the world, on issues relating to democracy and human rights. We mediate grants from Sida to Swedish organisations cooperating with local partners in 70 countries. We have offices in Sweden, Lituania (serving Belarus), Cambodia, Colombia, Kenya, Liberia and Somalia. Forum Syd was founded in 1995 and is the largest civil society platform in Sweden with about 140 member organisations.