IT Assistant at local offices
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Position's primary focus is on the areas of IT support and local IT operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software), and helpdesk. Performs a variety of information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of the corporate IT services. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the IT support and operation, in particular with the regional ISD in order to achieve desired results.
The incumbent is accountable for the IT support and operation at the level of the country office and she/he is responsible to understand the corporate setup, rules, regulations and policy and fulfill all the needed competences, skills and certifications needed.
The Information Resources Assistant will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Assistant of FAO Representative for Administration and receives the technical guidance of the relevant technical Division and/or Office at HQ and in the Regional Office. He/she acts independently in routine matters in line with established policies and procedures. Supervision received is focused on the Office relevant priorities, in particular the meeting of timelines and the quality of support given to clients, and ensures learning opportunities.
The IT Assistant provides a large variety of standard support functions that contribute to the smooth and effective running of all Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Information Resources and Records Management functions, within the Office.
The Information Resources Assistant has frequent interaction with staff at all levels within the Office and with HQ relevant offices for selected functions to exchange routine information concerning the entire scope of information resources support.
The IT Assistant will provide support in the following areas\:
- User support
- Assist in the presentation of display materials and Video Conferencing events;
- Provide orientation to New Users on the IT rules and regulations, in particular related to equipment, printers, scanners, and IT security matters;
- Provide instructions to users on existing technology and potential use (One drive for Business, Team-works, MSOffice, Intranet, Skype for Business, etc.);
- Provide instruction to users on guidelines, policies, and standards.
- Receive; log and monitor requests related to IT matter, in the Service Desk LANDesk system, resolve IT-related issues pertaining to FAO standard equipment, escalate those issues that cannot be solved to the IT Group of the Regional Office, monitor progress and resolution.
- Provide support to missions from Regional Office, HQs, or internal missions within the Decentralized Office.
- Network and connectivity
- Assist to develop an adaptable and effective office network infrastructure (LAN and WAN) and the respective office connectivity contract;
- Maintain maintain the office technology maps up to date, the architecture and technical specification of the network infrastructure (LAN and WAN);
- Ensure security of the network by following security policies and report problems when they are detected.
- IT Equipment
- Keep track of IT assets and maintain the local office IT inventory list up-to-date;
- Monitor IT equipment expiry dates on a monthly basis and take upgrading/replacing measures in time;
- In case of equipment to be granted to external organizations, follow the MS502 procedures and inform the ISD accordingly;
- Assist to assign new equipment and update the IT equipment inventory list on the regional assets record on regular basis.
- Corporate and non-corporate software
- Ensure that all the official equipment (desktop and laptop) in the office are up to date in terms of the corporate policy and requirements;
- Inform users that all the non-official equipment cannot connect to the corporate network or using corporate services, except Wi-Fi public internet connectivity;
- For all non-corporate software follow the clearance process and ensure that no non-corporate software is installed in FAO equipment without official clearance;
- Ensure security and privacy of user identity (user credentials) and data managed by the user, following the relevant corporate policies.
- Support the corporate IT Services according to the current policies and regulations, ensuring the timely provision of the Post Incident Report (PIR) to the regional ISD;
- Troubleshoot requests related to IT hardware, software and services issues, reporting and recording accordingly in the corporate Service Management system;
- Fulfill requests the SLAs, and when this is not possible to escalate the issue to the regional ISD;
- Manage all troubleshooting through helpdesk, prepare proper logs and keep records of completed tasks on the helpdesk ticketing tracking system.
- Planning and proactive work
- Support regional ISD providing all the needed assistance in terms of the ABC categories timely (IT Management and Support matters);
- Identify the future needs in the office in terms of equipment, connectivity and moves, timely informing the ISD;
- Perform a simulation of the Disaster and Incident recovery plan, reporting to the regional ISD about the planning, execution, lesson learnt and proposed improvements;
- Be aware of all the IT Division policies and ensure to follow them accordingly.
- Reporting to IT Manager
- Weekly report on all IT services, Internet, emails, laptop/desktop systems;
- Weekly report on UPS backup time and maintenance log update;
- Weekly report on troubleshooting, errors and solutions;
- Weekly report on network/ Network printer troubleshooting;
- Weekly report on physical condition of IT equipment providing timely reports to the regional ISD for IT record.
- Other tasks
- Provide IT assistance to staff and visitors for organizational related issues;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the regional ISD related with the IT Services;
- Stay committed and ready to take-up any assignment given by supervisor and senior management (FAOR)
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Secondary education with specialized formal training on ICT systems;
- Required not expired Certifications;
- UNDSS Information Security Awareness – Foundational;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in ICT Support services including 2 years within UN agencies would be advantageous;
- Prior work experience gained in a Service Desk client orientated environment;
- National of Lebanon.
- Networking and IT Equipment support experience;
- Experience in MS O365 platform support;
- Hands on experience in Microsoft O365, systems installation and configuration;
- Strong understanding of desktop and laptop hardware set-up and configuration;
- Good communication skills;
- Team work;
- Knowledge of UN system policies, rules, and regulations;
- Work experience within United Nations System or an international organization is an asset.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) for Windows 10 (latest version) installation and configuration
- Other relevant Microsoft and Apple certifications would be desirable
- Cisco CCNA certified would be desirable
- ITIL v3 certification would be desirable
- Good communication skills.
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.