Open call for Head of Support Services candidates
The Head of Support Services is expected to have senior level management experience and a demonstrable successful track record of organizational development and resource mobilization, be able to conceptualize and articulate DRC’s vision, and have the strong oral and written communication skill required to translate vision into action. You will play a key role in developing and implementing country-specific strategies as well as improving operational systems, processes and policies in support of DRC’s mission.
You will be a member of the Senior Management Team, with overall responsibility of program support and timely completion of annual performance indicators under support functions. You will also play a significant part in qualifying and implementing initiatives coming from the global and regional DRC organisational development and financial accountability initiatives. Furthermore, you will ensure timely and appropriate communication with Area Managers, Sector Managers and Project Managers concerning all issues related to finance, administration and human resources and work proactively to resolve differences and prioritize time-sensitive tasks.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lead and manage the support managers (recruiting, performance, well-being and development)
- Manage, deliver and report on current operations programme support in geographic scope
- Establish high performing support teams ensuring high-quality approaches are maintained
- Develop and improve operational approaches, compliance and systems, and support the Country Director to build and deliver effective and sustainable interventions.
- Responsible for the strategic development, management and implementation of the support operations
- Ensure appropriate technical support is available to programs, in line with organizational priorities
- Ensure support for annual planning and review processes
- Direct responsibility for ensuring that the DRC Programme operates in accordance with DRC’s support function guidelines
- Support the Country Director and the Senior Management Team in liaising with donors and authorities, especially as relates to issues of compliance, registration, and audit
- Oversee the operational support units for the country by providing strategic leadership and technical support to the areas under his/her supervision
- Supervision, audits and controlling and implementation of corrective actions related to DRC’s operational standards within support areas
- Ensure that DRC retains and continually develops its operational capacity to provide rapid emergency response in particular within its procurement and transport systems
- Actively contribute to the risk management plan and mitigations for the country that identifies the major financial and operational risks
- Ensure that all administrative and legal-related systems are accurate and maintained
- Work to build the capacity of the operational support staff throughout the operation though frequent in-service training sessions and mentoring support
- Contribute to the development and implementation of DRC’s global development initiatives
DRC Dynamics ERP System
- Ensure ERP functionality is properly rolled out and used by relevant staff
- Apply reports and data analytics from DRC Dynamics to improve overall performance
- Act as heavy user for most of the Projects & Finance functionalities
To be successful in this role we expect you to have at least 7 years of experience in a relevant field and possess strong skills motivating people through change. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- A Master’s Degree or advanced professional qualification in Finance or Business Administration.
- At least 4 years' experience with people management.
- 4 years experience in a similar role in an international NGO.
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
- Proven operational management experience and capability, including in conflict areas
- Proven significant financial, information and systems management experience
- Significant experience in procurement and tender processes
- Understanding and experience of institutional fundraising
- Understanding of the countries in which DRC operates and sensitive to the cultural context
- Experience working in an ERP system, including supply chain, finance and HR systems
- Full professional proficiency in English.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.