NGO ADMINISTRATION AND OFFICE SUPPORT VOLUNTEER/INTERN IN BRAZIL
ETIV do Brasil is located in the beautiful fishing and surfing town of Itacare, Bahia. Our mission is to support development and environmental conservation in Brazil, with a deep focus on youth development.
The ETIV Office & Administration Volunteer/Intern will play a crucial role in the day-to-day operations of the organization. The main duties consist of managing correspondence with prospective and incoming volunteers, supporting the Director and Operations Manager in office work, and assisting with marketing, communications and recruitment tasks. The ETIV Office & Administration Volunteer/Intern will also play an important role in the weekly staff meetings and will have the freedom to branch out to other areas in the community or where the NGO could use extra support.
The ETIV Office & Administration Volunteer/Intern will have the opportunity to significantly learn about non-profit administration as well as how to market, recruit and manage a volunteer-led NGO in a developing nation. They will also receive training and support from our Director or Operations Manager, and will be an integral member of the ETIV office team.
Office & Administration Volunteers/Interns are expected to work in the mornings from 9am to 1pm from Monday to Friday, although this schedule can be flexible to suit volunteer needs and aspirations. Portuguese is not a requirement for this role, however we do recommend that all volunteers learn to speak at least basic Portuguese, as not many people in Itacaré speak English.
The Office & Administration position offers volunteers/interns the highest level of responsibility within the volunteer and internships programs offered by our organization. Therefore, they represent a fantastic opportunity to learn about international development and community work while boosting your resume and increasing your competitiveness in a tough job market.
While we offer great support to all our volunteers, interns do receive some extra attention and guidance so they can successfully complete their internship programs and receive university credits for them.
The amount of responsibility and the exact work scope given to the volunteer/intern will depend on their skills, interests and abilities, as well as on the current needs of our organization.
- Respond to the ETIV e-mails and applications;
- Correspond with potential and incoming volunteers via email and Skype;
- Keep our Volunteer Database up to date;
- Create volunteer contracts and rental agreements for incoming volunteers;
- Make sure that all incoming volunteers have received, signed and returned all necessary documents and forms;
- Support and facilitate the work of all our departments;
- Support any fundraisers or events that we organize;
- Support volunteer coordination including arrivals, orientations and city tours of Itacaré;
- To create a manual for incoming NGO administration volunteers and to keep our description updated on our website, especially prior to leaving the position;
- Correspondence with prospective volunteers prior to their arrival, while also supporting and managing volunteers from the moment they arrive to the time they leave Itacaré;
- Organize fun cultural and recreational activities with the volunteers;
- Support community and fundraising events;
- Support our marketing, recruitment, university outreach and communications work;
- Support our fundraising work and help us apply for at least one grant and/or organize at least one fundraiser event;
- Keep our volunteer database, housing calendar, projects calendar and incoming volunteer lists up to date;
- Support house maintenance and cleaning and gardening schedules;
- To take on the Volunteer Coordinator responsibilities if there isn't one available at the time
- Support the overall work of our Director and Operations Manager.
- Volunteers/interns must be at least 18 years or older;
- Volunteers interested in office support must make a minimum of 1-month commitment, while volunteers and interns interested in a more advance administration role must commit to at least 3 months;
- The office support position requires basic Portuguese, while the administration role requires an Intermediate to Advanced Portuguese;
- Office support volunteers must work 20 hours/week, normally Monday - Friday from 9am to 1pm, while administration volunteers/interns are expected to dedicate 25 hours a week for their work with us;
- Interest and/or experience in NGO administration;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite;
- All volunteers must agree to and sign our Volunteer Contract before arriving, as well as sign their rental agreement if staying at our Volunteer House.
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk).
Short-Term (few weeks/months).
How To Apply
Please visit etivdobrasil.org and click 'Apply Now!'.