CONSTRUCTION AND LANDSCAPING VOLUNTEER IN BRAZIL
ETIV do Brasil is located in the beautiful fishing and surfing town of Itacare, Bahia. Our mission is to support development and environmental conservation in Brazil, with a deep focus on youth development.
The Volunteer House, which also serves as our office, is located in a big and spacious property just a few steps away from the picturesque “Contas River” , in the neighborhood of “Passagem”. We have a large garden with lots of fruit trees and flowers, and we have recently built an outdoors learning space where we hold our classes, trainings and community events.
We are always in need of work around the house and the garden, so we welcome with open arms reliable, capable and dedicated volunteers interested in helping us fixing, improving and decorating our home. Volunteers must be able to work independently, with little supervision, but also as part of a team. The construction volunteers must also be in charge of sourcing the materials for their work - preferably reused or recyclable. People with legit construction experience are highly desirable.
Portuguese is not a requirement for this position, although we highly recommend that all volunteers should know at least some basic Portuguese, as most people in Bahia do not speak English. We can link volunteers to affordable Portuguese classes upon arrival as well.
- Art wall painting to improve our decoration and make the house cozier;
- Build an outside bathroom to be used by our students and guests during our classes and events;
- Build decoration itens to be placed in the rooms and common areas, preferably out of reused/recyclable materials;
- Help with general maintenance and cleaning;
- Look after our garden and compost system;
- Build furniture for the house, preferably making use of recyclables and reused materials.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years or older;
- Working schedule is about 4 hours/day, 20 hours/week, usually Monday - Friday from 9am to 1pm;
- Volunteers must work at least for one full month before taking vacation time, although we can be flexible about it;
- All volunteers must agree to and sign our Volunteer Contract before arriving, as well as sign their rental agreement if staying at our Volunteer House;
- Minimum of 1-month commitment;
- Portuguese is not required, but basic knowledge of the language is recommended;
- Previous demonstrable experience with gardening, painting, decorating, woodwork, tiling, etc.;
- Two professional references;
- Adhere to and respect our Code of Conduct.
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk).
Short-Term (few weeks/months).
How To Apply
Please visit etivdobrasil.org and click 'Apply Now!'.