ITU Finance and Administration Officer
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. As an International Research Center, CIMMYT has a very modern IT infrastructure and advanced IT solutions which provides for an interesting and challenging IT environment with many opportunities to learn more. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of ITU Finance and Administration Officer to work in the Information Technologies Unit (ITU) in CIMMYT. The selected candidate will support the IT Unit with the Financial and Administration Management of the IT services and Project Portfolio as well as the development of adequate financial management for the ISO 20000 processes and IT strategies.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
Financial Planning and Management:
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of budget for:
- Annual chargeback services of ITU.
- Project proposals ensuring full costing.
- New funding flowed through ITU from different sources within CIMMYT.
- Uploading into the CIMMYT’s Financial System.
- Propose staff time allocation among various ITU funding sources in coordination with ITU supervisors, budget holders, PLs and Director and ensuring that corresponding staff FTE are updated in the CIMMYT’s financial system to ensure correct charging of personnel cost.
- Ensure that all ITU funding are correctly uploaded into the CIMMYT’s financial system.
- Monitor spending, analyze expenses and prepare monthly report of financial status for the information of the ITU Director and ITU Project Leaders and ICC Holders highlighting concerns and offering solutions if needed.
- Review and authorize vouchers for payments of ITU expenses and expense reports of ITU staff related to travel, meetings and workshops and other official expenses.
- Review and authorize purchase requisitions ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Support the achievement of prompt Month end and year-end financial closing processes by ensuring that all ITU financial transactions are booked within the timelines set by Finance
- Support development and implementation of new or improved processes in ERP
Administration and Unit Support:
- Lead and coordinate ITU hosted events such as meetings, workshops and courses.
- Coordinate the preparation of subgrant agreement/s and monitoring the implementation from the execution to closure.
- Administration and Management of IT tools support and hardware, ensuring timely renewal of IT licenses, monitoring of warranties, hardware support, and systematic inventory systems of hardware replacement.
- Systematic management of official mobile phones hardware and plans issued to CIMMYT’s eligible users ensuring compliance with the Mobile Phone policy.
- Oversight of the ITU Administrative support staff.
- Research, evaluate, and provide feedback on problematic trends and patterns in ICT and conference users support.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration in Finance or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role or activities.
- Knowledge of and skills in applying:
- developing processes and procedures for finance and administration of ITU
- evaluating the financial and resources impact of IT services changes and IT projects
- developing improvement approaches for efficient use of ITU resources
- preparing ITU budgets, monthly reports of financial status, financial closing processes.
- Knowledge of financial systems, ERP, MS office, databases, data extraction methods, report presentation and analytical skills.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork and Project Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19162 ITU Finance and Administration Officer. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, April 16, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.