Educator for Nursery and Primary School in Cameroon (job for young professionals)
Dienste in Übersee is searching on behalf of partner organizations of Bread for the World:
Educator for Nursery and Primary School in Cameroon
(job for young professionals)
L’École Maternelle CEBEC de Mballa V is a nursery and primary school of the l’Église Évangelique du Cameroun in a socially disadvantaged area in Yaoundé. The school was founded in 2002. In nursery school, about 300 pupils aged from three to five years are educated in three groups with two teachers each. In primary school, about 900 pupils are taught.
Mballa V is integrated in a network of other protestant schools in Cameroon and is working closely together with the national education boards.
The staff at Mballa V is in the process of reforming its pedagogical concept towards a stronger student-orientation and a greater range of methods. So far teaching has been primarily based on frontal teaching. Furthermore, the focus lies on competencies in reading, writing and math. Activities for the development of motor and social skills are, for the most part, missing. With the support of a European professional, the school wants to discuss and adapt current findings of education and pedagogy at nursery school and later on at primary school.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Further development of the schools’ pedagogical concept
- Capacity building and support of staff
- The conception of new pedagogical offers
- Search for potential partner schools in Germany and initiation of a partnership
- Networking and exchange with other protestant schools in Yaoundé
The professional will be working closely together with the headmaster and other colleagues of staff.
- Citizenship of EU member state or Switzerland
- Degree in educational sciences, teaching or equivalent
- First experience in adult education preferable
- Excellent command of French
- Good command of English or German
- High degree of cultural sensitivity
- Creativity and team orientation
- Flexibility and resilience
Benefits of Bread for the World and Dienste in Übersee
Bread for the World offers professionals who are seconded through Dienste in Übersee the chance to make their contribution towards a sustainable development which benefits the local population through a mutually respectful knowledge transfer and exchange of experience.
- Individual preparation of approx. three months
- 2-year contract with benefits according to the German Development Worker Act
- Coaching during the time abroad
You are interested?
Please send your CV, cover letter and relevant certificates until 16-06-2019 to
(job account number: CMR1800499)
Dienste in Übersee gGmbH