Quantitative Geneticist – Post Doc (19-71)
Potato Center (CIP) is
seeking a highly motivated Quantitative Geneticist (Post Doc) to work with us
on the development of genomic selection (GS) breeding scheme for tetraploid
potato aimed at increasing the genetic gain in CIP global potato breeding
The position: This position
will be based in Lima, Peru and will report to the molecular breeding group leader
and will interact with the breeding program globally. The successful
candidate should have the interest to work in autopolyploid species and
willingness to travel within the developing countries where CIP breeding
program has a presence globally.
- Optimize allele dosage calling from molecular
marker data for tetraploid potato.
- Contribute to the development of a data
analysis and management system for autopolyploid crops.
- Develop GS model for tetraploid potato using
already existing phenotypic data from the breeding program.
- PhD degree in Plant Breeding, Quantitative
Genetics or equivalent with significant experience in field based applied
- Experience in quantitative genetics and good
understanding of genomic selection for complex traits
- Interest to work in autopolyploid crops.
- Demonstrated ability to handle large
phenotypic and genotypic datasets.
- Experience in bioinformatics and method
development in quantitative genetics.
- Interest and ability to work to work in a
multidisciplinary environment and collaborate with research teams from
- Excellent interpersonal relationships skills
and teamwork orientation.
- Excellent written and spoken English with
working knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
- Great career opportunity in an international
- Generous compensation package commensurate
- One-year term contract with the possibility of
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.