Framework Change, Vice President, Africa
Ashoka is the global pioneer of social entrepreneurship.We have built the world’s largest network of leading social entrepreneurs, with 3,000 Ashoka Fellows spanning 80+ countries. These leading social entrepreneurs create new, pattern-changing ideas to solve seemingly intractable challenges and act as key role models and recruiters for changemakers. They point us to the next frontiers of change in society and inspire the ideas that shape Ashoka’s strategies.
We at Ashoka (and all of us!) are facing a historical moment. For generations, society has followed a siloed, hierarchical approach to solving challenges and has been defined by repetitive efficiency (think assembly line). But this approach is falling short when it comes to the number and complexity of the shared problems we now face. So a new game is taking shape – one where change is the norm, and where the most open, fluid systems and teams thrive. In this game the rules are different (in fact they are still being created!) but one is paramount: everyone can and must be able to play, and to drive positive change. This is the ‘Everyone A Changemaker’ vision that Ashoka is working toward and it is our best hope for building a world where problems no longer outrun solutions. We have a powerful opportunity for an imaginative, collaborative entrepreneur. Ashoka is looking for Framechange Leaders for North America, Africa, and South Asia to lead how Ashoka organizes around mindset shifting. Framechange Leaders will grapple with such questions as: How do big ideas catch on broadly across society? What can we learn from our extraordinary network of Ashoka Fellow about establishing new patterns and norms? How can we accelerate toward the Everyone A Changemaker world, prioritizing key skills such as empathy-based ethics, creativity, teamwork, and leadership? Who must also be having this conversation with us and for us? Candidates will inspire staff to be the most effective coaches of their carefully selected teams and will identify the most impactful opportunities for Ashoka to achieve its goals. In order to do so they must have led a pattern change or mindset shift of their own.
The Framework Change Leader will have the opportunity to:
- Select partner organizations to leverage the power of Ashoka’s network, insights and framework into “new game” business models, structures and messages
- Engage with teams on the framework: Help Ashoka’s carefully selected partnersfrom media, education systems, corporations, social entrepreneurs, and government-see their role in this new framework
- Co-create a global storytelling movement that encourages the sharing of stories of exemplary “new game” behavior, including breaking down walls between sectors to form problemsolving partnerships, the enabling of passive victims and onlookers to active changemakers, and systems approach to solution development.
- Participate in strategic decision making that affects Ashoka’s growth globally and leverage Ashoka’s vast network in 80+ countries
Desired Skills and Experience
The Framework Change Leader should have a track record of creating new ideas that have resulted in a systemic change in his/her field. He/she should believe deeply in the power of social entrepreneurship and understand Ashoka’s Everyone A Changemaker™ vision. He/she should also have the following characteristics/experience :
* A track record of innovating solutions and successfully bringing them to fruition
* Demonstrated ability in major client/partner relationship management, fundraising, resource mobilization, and balanced budget management
* Proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of partners across all sectors
* Proven ability to lead through influence and ideas
* Strong social/emotional intelligence and leadership ability to inspire, enable, and integrate a very entrepreneurial team with respect and collegiality
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: