Programme Manager - Social Cohesion
To Provide Strategic Leadership, Technical Support and overall management of Social Cohesion Programme in Myanmar with a focus on programmes related to building resilient community; peaceful community; inclusive community; and community tolerance and harmony
- Professional background in Social Cohesion, peacebuilding, promoting inter-communal tolerance and pluralism, community resilience.
- Experience working in fragile states with women, youth and people with disability specifically in promoting inclusion, resilience, peaceful co-existence and tolerance, social integration and justice
- Proven experience in programme design and management and evaluation.
- Proven track record of securing project funding
- Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for project management.
- Experience of financial management of budgets, including building a budget, monitoring and managing expenditure.
- Experience of managing complex partnership relations, including multiple consortia/alliance relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audience to inform, motivate and inspire.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the organisation and mange volunteers from all diverse range of background t
- Strong ICT skills.
- Able to travel and work long hours if necessary, both within the country and occasionally internationally.
- Experience in social cohesion, peacebuilding, resilience and tolerance building role in Myanmar.
- In depth knowledge of the context of peace and reconciliation, resilience, intercommunal tolerance and harmony, social justice and integration in Myanmar.
- Experience of working with a development agency that works through volunteers and volunteering as an approach to development.