The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Project Manager to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s regional office in Dhaka, Bangladesh, but will interact regularly with administrative and supportive systems at CIMMYT headquarters and in South Asia.
- Under direction from the Project Leader be responsible for day to day management of the project.
- Lead the Country Office Project Management Team and coordinate and liaise with other PL and PM.
- Supervise Field Office (FO) Leaders and the implementation of FO work plans.
- Prepare and provide broad scope briefings and advice to the PLs, CCR, and donor(s).
- Establish contact and maintain lasting rapport with project partners, private sector, international consultants, NGOs, government and CG partners.
- Manage budgets:
- Prepare project budgets, upload and conduct budget revision based on project work plans as required.
- Review monthly expenditures by conducting budget analytics and building alternate scenarios; review all transactions for accuracy, identify issues and apply corrective action.
- Review field office liquidation reports and funds requests.
- Review and assign budget codes for expenditures as needed.
- Support asset procurements and asset inventories as required.
- Administer and realign the budget according to CIMMYT’s policies and establish a significant working relationship with HQ in support of this activity.
- Manage contracts:
- Draft and facilitate sub-agreements with partners.
- Ensure timely submission of financial and technical reports from partners/sub-grantees.
- Ensure disbursement of payments as required.
- Manage contracts and consultancies.
- Support M&E and donor reporting:
- Directly supervise the project’s M&E staff to update the annual result tracker/results framework for donor.
- Support M&E staff to do indicator reporting if required by donor.
- Lead the compilation of content, then edit, and submit project’s annual and semi-annual reports for approval.
- Take the lead in annual planning of project activities, compile detailed implementation plans (DIPs) and manage, assign and monitor implementation with “Teamwork”.
- Support project communications team as required:
- Generate and/or ensure the production of content for the project´s communications platforms, potentially including web sites, newsletters, brochures, success stories, research notes, reports and social media posts.
- Edit and copy edit written materials produced by the project.
- Review and approve communications-related expenditures and investments.
- Support the project’s HR activities including recruitment, staff on-boarding, and annual performance evaluations.
- Organize the project’s leadership committee meetings, technical meetings and planning meetings.
- Work closely with the Regional Program Manager to ensure best practices for project management and if required liaise closely with CIMMYT headquarters: SIP, HR, PMU and Communications.
- Serve as a liaison for implementing partners.
- Oversee project staff as required and conduct annual performance review of staff assigned under your supervision.
- Contribute to the maintenance of resource mobilization-related databases and records.
- Foster relationship with Director General’s office, Program Directors, Project Leaders and the Communications Unit.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Applied Master’s degree in fields related to International Development, Development Studies concentrating on Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Management or Business.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience, demonstrating progressive management experience, particularly in fields driven by donor-funded especially USAID funded projects (agriculture, industry, business and market development).
- Demonstrated active participation and understanding of agriculture, business and manufacturing in Bangladesh especially on market needs and light manufacturing industries to promote Agriculture Mechanization in Bangladesh.
- Comprehensive experience in M&E, MRM and MIS, and relationship to Value Chain approaches, with substantive (at least 10 years) experience in conceptualizing M&E/ME&L in R4D.
- Excellent writing skills and elocution in both English and Bangla.
- Considerable and demonstrated experience in writing and editing English-language communications products or reports.
- Demonstrated ability of highly effective communication and collaboration skills for internal and external activities with highly diversified people with significantly different skill and language levels.
- Very advanced use of Microsoft Office suite of applications (touch-typing is an advantage), Teamwork for Project Management, MIS and database management with special focus on geospatial data analysis and data visualization.
- Proven ability to organize and coordinate diverse tasks with strong self-motivation and solutions orientation.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Multi-Cultural Awareness, Time Management, Proactivity, Communication and Flexibility/Adaptability.
The position is for an initial fixed-term of three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply online to IRS19126_Project Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, July 12, 2019. Applications must include a CV and a letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.