Operations Associate (2 Positions)
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF), FAO in Zambia will be partnering with the European Union, the Ministry of Agriculture and the Maize and Wheat Improvement Centre (CIMMYT) to implement a program on Sustainable Intensification of Smallholder Farming Systems in Zambia (SIFAZ). The project will focus on building demonstrable synergies between research and promotion of appropriate sustainable agriculture intensification practices.
The Operations Associate works under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative and the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) in Zambia. The incumbent directly reports to the Operations Officer
The incumbent will support provision of operation services to the project implementation
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
Candidates will be assessed against the following\:
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.