Back Desk – Supply Chain
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Back Desk to work in the Corporate Services Program (CSP) in Global Logistics Team/Supply Chain.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Transactional follow end to end processes of Supply Chain on goods, services and collaborations:
- Import/export operations
- Domestic operations
- Propose delivery vectors bases on Institutional benefits.
- Require and prepare necessary documentation for customs clearance.
- Acknowledge and management of logistics vendors (Custom Brokers, Forwarders, Shipping Companies).
- Acknowledge and revision of official documents for vendor validation protocol.
- Maintain contact with focal points in Regional Offices.
- Keep inform to Front Desk about any deviation on the logistics vectors.
- Be capable to give visibility of any transaction any time.
- Maintain and update database of all goods in transit on T &T report
- Provide visibility to warehouse of the last-mile-transactions.
- Execute any other activity assigned by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Trade/Commerce, Business, Administration or related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in performing similar roles.
- Experience on ERP´s Purchasing Module (Dynamics preferred)
- Intermediate level in English language is required (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- Resilient work under different level of pressure.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Communication, Pro-Activity and Customer orientation.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19191 Back Desk. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, July 3, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.