The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Operations Directorate - Western Europe Department - Public Sector UK, the Netherlands and Ireland Division
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st November 2019)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeship
The Western Europe Division (WE-4) covers transactions in the Public Sector in the Netherlands, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
The objective of the internship is to provide a solid, hands-on learning experience to the you, who would collaborate with support front office ‘Loan Officers’ in originating and executing both standard and complex operations across the region, according to EIB policies and procedures and with the objective to contribute to EU Policy goals.
Under the Head of Division’s/Loan Officers’ supervision, you will be involved in the project appraisal and negotiation process, and provide back-up to the due diligence process. You will provide assistance to the monitoring of operations under disbursement.
Under the supervision of the Head of Division and senior colleagues, you will participate actively in the Division’s core activities. Your main tasks will be:
- Financial analysis and monitoring of EIB counterparts
- Preparation of management information
- Help in liaising with the other services of the Bank
- Support with Credit Due Diligence on EIB Client Counterparties and evaluate their risk profiles
- Support of EIB Loan Officer(s) in all phases of the loan cycle, with more focus on the appraisal process
- Preparation of sector studies (energy, infrastructure, social housing), financial notes, scoring sheets, following and ensuring the implementation of EU regulations/legislative acts.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree in Economic, Finance, Banking or equivalent;
- A first experience will be an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and/or French. Knowledge of Dutch would be considered an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 21st July 2019.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; https://www.eib.org/en/about/jobs/work-with-us/internships/index.htm