Conference Officer (Liaison with Member Countries)
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments.
• People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization.
The Conference, Council and Protocol Affairs Division (CPA) is responsible for providing liaison between the Organization and its Membership on Governing Body matters, as well as conference and protocol services. The Division's mandate includes ensuring the efficient programming and servicing of FAO meetings, providing secretariat services for Conference and Council, and maintaining relations with the membership.
The post is located in the Conference, Council and Government Relations Branch, CPAC.
The Conference Officer reports to the Senior Conference Officer, CPAC under the overall guidance of the Director, CPA.
Coordination of Governing Body Secretariat functions including oversight of documents pertaining to governance matters and support liaison with member countries.
Delivery of operations directly related to the conferences/sessions, including non-FAO meetings.
• Supports and provides conference related services in accordance with FAO policies and regulatory framework;
• Collects and analyzes information for inclusion in statutory and/or management reports, statements, and/or reports to donors as well as specific reports for Governing Bodies, donors and other partners;
• Supports processes for smooth functioning of Governing Body meetings, in particular Conference and Council;
• Supports ongoing liaison between FAO secretariat and Member Countries, in particular Rome based Permanent Representations;
• Provides support to the Independent Chairperson of Council for effective discharge of his/her duties;
• Contributes to updating policies and related tools, systems, technologies and related procedures;
• Reviews and analyses reports, procedures, conference-related and administrative rules and policies;
• Participates on CPA teams, leads working groups, and/or collaborates with other departments on ad-hoc assignments.
• Performs other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Law or another field relevant to the work of the Organization
• Five years of relevant experience in conference management or governance activities in an inter-governmental or international environment
• Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Extent and relevance of experience in conference management activities in an inter-governmental environment
• Demonstrated ability to draft and edit documents
• Knowledge and understanding of rules, regulations, statutory and legal instruments of FAO, in particular those pertaining to the establishment, functioning and procedures of governing body meetings is considered an asset
• Understanding of the functioning of UN agencies and the UN system is considered a strong asset