United States (United States of America)
We seek a Philanthropy Associate who is eager to work closely with the Director of Philanthropy to support her and the CEO’s work cultivating, soliciting, and closing major gifts. Our ideal candidate will possess strong communications and project management skills and is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial culture where teamwork is crucial for effectively coordinating deadlines and workstreams. The Philanthropy Associate will be an integral part of our team that provides excellent high-touch engagement of major donors. We hope to provide valuable opportunities for career growth to the person who accepts this position. Your ambition to drive the growth of our major gift program and capacity and desire to step into a donor-facing role in the future, are key qualities we will seek in this candidate.
· Provide project management and communications support for the Fistula Foundation major gifts program.
· Coordinate customization of mailings to major donors with the Director of Philanthropy, CEO, and rest of the development team.
· Craft custom proposals and reports and execute unique cultivation and stewardship for major donors and prospects in coordination with the Director of Philanthropy.
· Conduct donor research and philanthropy sector landscaping and summarize results.
· Engage with program and communications staff to incorporate partner and patient success stories into fundraising solicitations and donor communications materials.
· Provide logistical and administrative support for events and travel programs.
· Regularly track and report on major gift program metrics, including trends, wins, and challenges.
· Think strategically about ways to improve existing processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
· Respond to special requests from The Director of Philanthropy and CEO.
· 2-3 years of some combination of nonprofit, communications, or project management experience.
· Passion for international development and commitment to advancing the status of women around the world.
· Excellent communications skills, both written and oral; ability to clearly and concisely articulate Fistula Foundation’s work and influence potential and existing donors.
· Able to work independently, but skilled at considering the needs and time constraints of multiple stakeholders for projects that will involve working across teams.
· Enjoys networking and has a genuine interest in meeting new people and learning their story.
· Sound working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office (especially excel), and cloud storage systems. Fast study of other technology platforms.