Support to Governing Bodies, and liaison with FAO Members
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Conference, Council and Protocol Affairs Division (CPA) is responsible for providing liaison between the Organization and its membership on Governing Body matters, as well as conference and protocol services. The Division's mandate includes ensuring the efficient programming and servicing of FAO meetings, providing secretariat services for Conference and Council, and maintaining relations with the membership.
The consultant will report to the Chief, Conference, Council and Government Relations Branch, under the overall guidance of the Director, CPA.
Supporting the work of the Secretariat of the Governing Bodies of FAO, and continuous liaison between the Secretariat and Members of FAO.
- Provide support and conference related services in accordance with FAO policies and regulatory framework;
- Collect and analyse information for inclusion in statutory and/or management reports, statements, and/or reports for
Governing Bodies, Members and other partners
- Support processes for smooth functioning of Governing Body meetings, in particular Conference and Council;
- Support ongoing liaison between the FAO Secretariat and member countries, in particular, Rome based Permanent
- Contribute to updating policies and related tools, systems, technologies and related procedures;
- Review and analyse reports, procedures, conference-related and administrative rules and policies;
- Participate in CPA teams, lead working groups, and/or collaborate with other departments on ad hoc assignments;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced University degree (for COF) or University degree (for PSA) in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Law or another field relevant to the work of the Organization
- At least two years of relevant experience in international relations, providing support to national or international bodies, national or international secretariats
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian (for Consultants)
- For PSAs, working knowledge of only one UN language is required.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency