Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of this joint mission and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
The position is to be filled as of December 1, 2019, with an initial contract duration until November 30, 2020. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Erbil, Iraq.
As Expert for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) you will support and advise the programme leadership and all M&E personnel to enhance Welthungerhilfe (WHH) Iraq’s program quality, outcomes and impact through collaborative and effective M&E systems, research methodologies, continuous learning, and managing WHH Iraq’s key accountability systems.
- Manage the MEAL department in the Country Office and supervise of national staff
- Oversee and implement the actions and objectives as defined in the MEAL Department strategy and action plan
- Collaborate with and advise MEAL Project Officers in order to mainstream M&E in project implementation and program development
- Oversee and manage all overarching MEAL systems/processes as per the MEAL short-cuts library - such as the Monthly Activity Updates (MAUs), organizational projects overview database, WHH Iraq assessments and reporting database, MEAL tool-kit, etc.
- Manage WHH Iraq’s key accountability mechanisms and reporting systems including the external Feedback and Complaints Response Mechanism (F-CRM) and policy
- Approve and advise on appropriate research methodologies for MEAL assessments and evaluations; provide technical support to MEAL Officers regarding database management, data collection, analysis and reporting
- Design and oversee the implementation of the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) organisational self-assessment to improve institutional accountability and transparency
- Review and support concept notes, log frames, and baseline studies for new projects
- Provide technical guidance to MEAL staff on the development of MEAL plans and corresponding tools and approaches to enhance the quality of WHH Iraq programming
- Advocate for the human rights and interests of vulnerable groups and principles of do no harm – through proposal development and design, M&E indicators and assessment tools, expansion of service mapping, attendance at key M&E networks and clusters, establishment of the WHH Iraq Gender and Protection Committee
- Oversee and ensure the roll-out of the WHH Iraq internal Feedback and Grievance Policy and Procedure to mitigate fraud and corruption as well as manage allegations of bullying, discrimination and harassment; support the actions of the WHH Iraq Staff Representative Committee; confidentially manage, monitor and follow-up all internal feedback and complaints
- Manage, induct and train M&E/Project Officers and enumerators as required on gender and protection mainstreaming, CHS, qualitative and quantitative research, data collection, development of log frames, indicators and MEAL plans
- Consolidate and document lessons learned and best practices and share with relevant stakeholders pertaining to accountability, gender and social inclusion
- Represent Welthungerhilfe and report towards partners and other stakeholders as required
- A university degree (Bachelor, Masters) in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience of international relations, research, social science, gender, protection
- Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Experience of managing/supervising, training and coaching staff
- Previous experience of working in monitoring and evaluation, research and managing projects in post-conflict environments
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
- Previous first phase emergency response experience is essential
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience in advocacy
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and willingness for duty trips in rural areas
- Very good command of German and English, Arabic or Kurdish skills are an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by September 27, 2019. Your contact person is Barbara Kürsten.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.