Senior Advisor on NDC
New York City (United States of America)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Leadership:Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Delivery: Ability to get things done
- Policy advice and guidance: Ability to lead technical teams in the support to countries and ensure that programme and project deliverables are adequately linked to policy design/making
- Vision setting to contribute to global climate change efforts: Ability to efficiently identify priorities to define a sound course of actions to ensure high-quality and strategic results
- Technical qualities of deliverables: Ability to provide effective guidance to UNDP staff in the delivery of the NDC work to ensure the soundness of results and credibility of the process established to produce and manage the NDCs
- UNDP corporate strategy: Ability to define strategic and concrete linkages between NDC delivery and UNDP’s strategy on linking climate change and sustainable development
- Partnerships and donor relations: Ability to engage with other agencies, donors, and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships
- Knowledge management and communications: Ability to guide the preparation of knowledge products and communication strategies to ensure appropriate buy-in from key partners, including government counterparts
- Climate Change: Knowledge of climate change mitigation and adaptation concepts and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Resource mobilization: Ability to support fund-raising strategies
Required Skills and Experience
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.