Business Development Officer
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality and policy-relevant research on population and health issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Center seeks to recruit a Business Development Officer who will play a key role in cultivating funders and proposal writing.
- Support implementation of the Center’s fundraising strategy;
- Research, identify and clarify funding opportunities and needs;
- Conduct both internal and external meetings with technical teams, prospective partners and potential funders ensuring information gathered reaches the relevant teams;
- Lead timely proposal development by establishing priorities and target dates for proposal teams, taking a substantive role in writing, review and finalization;
- Maintain quality results by using requisite templates following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency and tone appropriate for the different funders;
- Maintaining proposal support databases;
- Diligently handle revisions and feedback from relevant technical and financial leads;
- Coordinate proposal submissions and tracking through the Enterprise Resource Planning platform; and
- Provide critical information for effective grants management to ensure donor (and partners) retention.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree and postgraduate training in a relevant field from a recognized university;
- Proven experience in proposal writing;
- Experience cultivating key bilateral and multilateral funders, Corporations, US Foundations and Government agencies in at least one of the Center’s focus areas;
- At least 3 years’ experience in business development;
- Knowledge of, and experience in using various business development information systems;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work with diverse teams; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Business Development Officer’ by October 21, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.