Programme Associate (FSC), G6 Mogadishu
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Opening Date: 23 October 2019 Closing Date: 5 November 2019
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Under the direct supervision of Food Security Cluster Co-ordinator and overall supervision of the Area Coordinator in WFP Mogadishu Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources. i.e. Food Security Nutrition Analysis Units, WFP VAM, Famine Early Warning Systems Network, Cash Working Group, REACH on cluster response needs to inform on transfer modality selection and programme development;
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual map, dashboards and infographic products on FSC’s member output and outcomes for decision making and consistency of information;
- Proactively gather information from Cluster partners and other organizations for decision making in Food Security Cluster (FSC);
- Act as the FSC focal person;
- Data gathering and monitoring systems for the cluster and ensure quality standards are maintained;
- Support the enhancement of the capacity of FSC partners and other stakeholders to effectively develop information management material for internal and external advocacy and communication;
- Maintain the Cluster webpage while sharing key materials on coordination and information management with partners;
- Ensure effective links with other Inter-sector coordination mechanisms i.e. Information Management Working Group, National Inter-Cluster Working Group, Cash Working Group;
- Share information between the secretariat, cluster, regional focal points and vice coordinator;
- Prepare regional presentations based on FSC data, partner presence and trends in partner participation;
- Identify issues raised by partners for action by focal points, cluster coordinators and strategic advisory committee;
- Assist the Training Officer in identifying training needs assessment of partners and support the coordination of capacity building and training of partners;
- Prepare Note for the Records on time and circulate as required;
- Through the Regional Vice-coordinator, ensure that local level cluster members are aware of best practices and collect for advocacy purposes;
- Perform other duties as required.
|Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Food Security, Agriculture, Statistics, Political Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Humanitarian Affairs or Communication.
|At least five years of progressively responsible support experience including at least two years in the field of Food Security or Programme related field.
|Fluency in both written and spoken English and Somali is a requirement.
|Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, Ms Excel, PowerPoint and GIS Software (ARCGIS, ARCVIEW, IDRIS).
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: