Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant for the MHPSS Program
Requisition ID: req7147
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant for the MHPSS Program
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Mytilene, Greece
BACKGROUND TO IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC works in Greece from July 2015 responding and providing aid to refugees and migrants. The IRC’s programming in Greece currently focuses on Child Protection, Women Protection and Empowerment, Mental Health & PSS, Water and Sanitation & Economic Recovery & Development in Athens, Lesvos and Chios islands.
SCOPE OF WORK
IRC Hellas supports vulnerable refugees residing in Reception and Identification Centers (RICs) in Lesvos and Chios through the provision of Mental Health and Psychosocial support services in our offices in the town of Mytilini, (Lesvos) and the town of Chios. Available services include case management, individual counseling, group counseling and psychoeducation sessions for vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers residing in Lesvos and Chios and is about to expand its services in Samos. The IRC is recruiting an MHPSS M&E Assistant to be responsible for ensuring that programmatic monitoring and evaluation is carried out successfully and for supporting the IRC MHPSS teams with the smooth and successful implementation of the MHPSS program which includes setting up and supporting effective accountability mechanisms.
Monitoring, evaluation & reporting
- Reviewing and cross-checking project data to ensure all data is correctly entered into the program database.
- Assist with data entry and ensure data bases are up to date.
- Support the team when needed with technical assistance in monitoring program progress including the design of appropriate data collection tools in Excel or online that can track progress and inform learning, planning and implementation of data collections, data management and analysis;
- Support program teams in design and implementation of surveys, including questionnaire design, data collection and data analysis;
Learning, Evaluation and Reporting
- Compile, analyze and present data for learning and reporting purposes
- Update monthly data dashboards and standard reporting templates.
- Participate in assessment and learning activities as required.
- Ensuring that appropriate client feedback mechanisms are in place and run smoothly.
- Conduct client feedback surveys
- Support the IRC MHPSS team with on-the spot effective monitoring of program activities (participation lists in group counselling and psychosocial support groups and other program activities)
- Work with the MHPSS psychologists and case workers in conducting information sessions to the community
- Any other relevant task designated by the MHPSS Senior Manager/Senior M&E Officer as requested
Position Reports to:Senior MHPSS Manager, Senior Area Manager Lesvos
This position will be based in the IRC MHPSS center in Mytilini, Lesvos, Greece, and will require occasional travel to other locations of program operation
- BA/BS Degree in humanitarian, social sciences, economics/business administration, law, or other related degree, and/or related certification required.
- Minimum 1 year professional experience indicatively in the field of social work, refugee protection, human resources (NGO experience preferred).
- Strong computer skills and excellent knowledge of Excel is required.
- Experience and interest in social science research methods and tools and/or database management will be preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Punctuality and attention to detail.
- Fluency in both Greek and English is mandatory.
- All IRC employees are required to adhere to The IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct every day – in the site and in the community.
- Maintain confidentiality
- While in IRC sites, all IRC staff must wear appropriate IRC visibility.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.