Administration Senior Assistant
Background Information - UNOPS
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development. UNOPS provides project management, procurement and infrastructure services to governments, donors and UN organisations. Its services can be advisory, implementation or transactional, with the development of the national capacity always in focus.
UNOPS was the first organisation in the world that was awarded the four most prestigious accreditations in project management, including PRINCE2®, and one of five organisations in the world awarded the Gold Level from the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply. For its approach to project management and consistent quality UNOPS received ISO 9001 certification in 2011.
In Serbia, UNOPS has been active since 2000, became the Project Centre (RSPC) in 2012, and was reclassified, due a growing portfolio, to Operations Centre (RSOC) at the beginning of 2017. Since 2017, RSOC operations have expanded to North Macedonia, Georgia and Montenegro.
UNOPS has been a reliable partner primarily of the Government of Serbia, and later of the Governments of North Macedonia, Georgia and Montenegro, in providing support for demanding socio-economic reforms and facilitating accession to the European Union.Currently, the RSOC is implementing 14 projects focussed on sustainable socio-economic development, creation of a more favourable environment for employability, business and infrastructure growth, increased security, improved education, enhanced social inclusion either via enabling durable housing solutions or providing access to health, education and jobs for the most vulnerable population. All projects have good governance and gender equality as transversal themes. UNOPS projects are contextualised within the broader Sustainable Development Goals framework and objectives.
Under the supervision of Administration Associate, the Administration Senior Assistant provides a range of administrative services required for effective implementation of Grant Support Agreements.
The Administration Senior Assistant works based on a client, quality and results-oriented approach and liaises with project personnel so to ensure effective service delivery.
In particular, the Administration Senior Assistant will perform following tasks:
- Assists in administration of email account for received applications for published Calls of Proposal(s) (CfP), including but not limited to registration of applications, managing electronic database, supporting initial screening and clarification processes, and performing administrative check of received grant applications.
- Support CfP Evaluation Team in Secretarial function by preparing supporting documentation for the evaluation process, including evaluation sheets, reports and other documents as per relevant UNOPS policies
- Provide administrative assistance in issuance of Grant Support Agreements
- During the grants implementation period perform financial verification checks, including but not limited to review of financial transactions against accuracy and cost eligibility and reconciliation with dedicated bank account. Based on findings, prepare financial verification report in pre-defined reporting format.
- Consolidate monthly inputs on cash requirements related to grants disbursements
- Monitor and alert the relevant programme personnel on grant payments
- Assist in maintaining of CfP and Grants matrixes
- Maintain grant assets/inventory list
- Assist in grant closure process
- Assist in collection of evidence related to co-funding, in kind, and facilitated investments
- Assist in development of reports related to the status of grants and grantees’ performance
- Maintain close cooperation with the relevant Project personnel
- Upload grant related documentation in OneUNOPS
- Perform activities related to oneUNOPS, including processing of Purchase Orders, registration of Suppliers and preparation of Payment Requests
- Maintain filing system for performed activities ensuring clear and auditable trail
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
- Secondary school diploma is required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field will be considered an asset
- Five years of relevant experience in general administration and/or finances is required
- Experience in grant management will be considered as an asset
- Fluency in Serbian and English is required
- Driving license and ability to travel independently is required
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
This is a local position, it is therefore open to Nationals of Serbia and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
Contract type: Ongoing ICA
Contract level: Local ICA 5
Contract duration: Open-ended subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and/or to satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.