Officer, Philippines Country Program
Officer, Philippines Country Program
In the context of the cooperation between the Government of the Philippines and GGGI, a Program Officer (PO) is recruited to support, develop, and implement projects in the Philippines. The PO provides day to day project management support as well as coordination with partner agencies. The position also carries thematic coordination and support of Country Representative in respect to resource mobilization and engagement in government agencies, donor communities, and private sector stakeholders. The PO reports and works under close supervision of Country Representative, Philippines.
The Program Officer (PO) will be a critical part of the country team responsible for national delivery and achieving the objectives outlined in the Country Business Plan. He or she will also play an important role in strengthening GGGI engagement in the country. The PO must have strong knowledge of: the national economic development context, climate and green policies and investment at national level, a good understanding of the Philippines needs and context.
The PO is expected to:
- Implement national project(s), monitors budget and progress, and seek strategic steer from Country Representative and senior staff.
- Understand the project cycle and is able to organize his/her work to ensure that deliverables are provided in a timely manner to support subsequent work and consistent with the workplan and project cycle.
- Ensure coordination, communications, and liaison with national Government and relevant stakeholders.
- Support the development of proposals for resource mobilization and other strategic matters related to project design, implementation and delivery of GGGI’s program in the Philippines.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses particularly on the renewable energy sector (i.e. solar) and climate adaptation (e.g. climate resilient agriculture) through primary / secondary data, and compile research case studies (e.g. concept note, presentations, etc.).
- Supporting the delivery of other components of the country office by providing technical input as needed.
- Apply sufficient technical skills to acquire relevant information/knowledge from a variety of sources which are often difficult to access, in support of delivery of a good quality output.
- Understand projects methodologies and able to provide wide range of contributions in support of delivery for projects.
- Engage in monitoring and reporting as per the requirements of GGGI in country.
- Engage in primary research and regular dialogue with public sector representatives, private companies and associations for project delivery.
- Use knowledge and experience with local context to contribute to delivery at national level and proposals development.
- Keep abreast of policy development and relevant initiatives and policy development at national and regional level.
- Facilitate a regular and concise reporting of progress / issues among team members.
- Ensure that staff within and without Manila (i.e. staff in the province and GGGI HQ) are working together as an effective team.
- Support the Country Representative by building rapport with working-level staff in stakeholder organizations for prompt communication of requests, concerns, and other information; engaging in stakeholder mapping and facilitating discussions between investors, government, and various stakeholders; conducting rigorous quality control on all major communication materials.
- The position understands the project cycle and is able to organize his/her analytical work to ensure that deliverables are provided in a timely manner to support subsequent work and consistent with the workplan and project cycle, such as:
- Support development of workstream and planning for project development.
- Support engagement with stakeholders, including meetings, conferences.
- Review of project documents and constructive input to deliverables with a strong eye for quality control and consistency.
- Support proposal development for national level.
- Ensure the effective organization and execution of stakeholder workshops, events.
- Ensure that administrative (including procurement, logistics, etc.) duties align with the budget and GGGI policies.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on project progress, in order to fulfill the full needs of the Project Cycle Management.
- Assesses delivery issues and works with national counterparts to build common understanding and coordination on project activities.
- Be proficient in using GGGI’s enterprise software for results reporting and other operational matters (e.g. project cycle management).
- Advanced academic degree in business administration, economics, political science, international relations, development, or other areas related to green growth.
- At least 7 years of working experience or its equivalent in policy, planning, or management consulting, preferably in an international setting.
- Experience studying, analyzing and presenting the national economic development/green growth context of the country.
- Experience coordinating successful functions and events (workshops, meetings, etc.) that are smoothly run and well-facilitated.
- Experience in project monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing and networking skills.
- Strong background in green growth, climate change, sustainable development. Experience in renewable energy sector is a plus.
- Experience in producing high-quality documentation and designing presentation material is a must.
- Experience working within a team to produce results under tight deadlines.
- Experience working with government counterparts is essential.
- Experience working in the Philippines is a must.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Team player, with result-oriented, creative, and entrepreneurial mindset to solve problems.
- Able to perform strategic and technical analysis in tandem and under time constraints.
- Ability to work independently while proactively seeking concurrence and instructions.
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team working in an evolving and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communications and facilitation skills.
- Highly-organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Comfortable working both in a team and independently.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Has strong client orientation.
- Process and share information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.