Associate Information Management Officer
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Registration Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate data and information management activities:
- Participate in the data and information management team and activities.
- Contribute to the design and implement data strategies and systems.
- Assist the data team and others communicate the status, value, and importance of data.
- Support the collection, storage, management and protection of data.
- Support consolidation of data systems, including the interoperability of operational data and systems.
- Ensure consistency of data and results for country, global and regional analysis, including cross border analysis and response.
- Support the coordination with HQ, external and regional partners on data and information management efforts
- Take part the relevant IM network (internal and external) on refugee. IDP, etc and related issues.
- Support data security, data protection and responsible data-sharing.
- Support offices with data and information management;
- Support the analysis of primary and secondary data for interpretation and evidence-informed decision making.
- Support the monitoring of data and information management activities in offices for integrity, veracity, reliability and credibility and compliance with policies.
- Provide technical and training support to operations.
- Support assessments and situational analysis process with analytical frameworks, data collection, and analysis (standards, methodologies).
- Support planning process (standards, methodologies) with data and statistical analysis and quality assurance on Theories of Change and indicators.
- Support monitoring by providing quality assurance to the monitoring methodologies, data collection and analyses.
- Review and assess country or region-specific data systems and needs; provide recommendations to regional bureau.
- Undertake data and information management activities at the Global/Regional/Country level:
- Help consolidate data and information for country, regional and global analysis.
- Lead and undertake data management activities (definition of needs, data collection, analysis, storage and dissemination)
- Support analysis for comparative country, regional and global analysis, including political and socio-economic trends.
- Take part in planning processes (COPs, regional RRP, regional migration response plans, etc.).
- Support cross-country assessment and situational analysis, such as in regional RRP situation or COP.
- Support the analysis of trends concerning changes at the outcome and impact levels.
- Develop information management products such as indicators, templates, maps and dashboards.
- Help ensure data is curated and stored in data registries and libraries in accordance with standards.
- Undertake geospatial and statistical analysis.
- Provide population movement tracking systems and other population data systems.
- Support web-based data portals.
- Support solutions for meeting ‘communication with communities’ information and data needs.
- Work in close collaboration with:
- All staff to further data literacy and assists in interpretation the data;
- Registration staff regarding the use of individual and personally identifiable data collected or managed by UNHCR;
- Programme staff on the data and information aspects of assessment, targeting and monitoring (three most data driven aspects of the OMC);
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Education - Additional Comments: Social Science; Statistics; Information Management; Physical Science; Economics; Data Science; Law; GIS; Philosophy; Engineering; History, Computer Science; International Development; or other relevant field.
Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
3 years in data or statistical field, 2 years in international context, 2 years in humanitarian or development situation. Experience with data sharing, data management and data analysis to support policy formulation and implementation .
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Protection of refugees, asylum seekers and IDPs, Other information and telecommunications technology experience Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams