Electoral Officer (Logistics)
Belet Uen (SOM)
- Contribute to the implementation of electoral programs and processes in one or more of the following areas, as required: planning and budgeting, infrastructure development, operations including field operations, procurement, logistics, outreach and civic and voter education, administrative support, capacity-building;
- Provide technical and logistics support to the relevant National Intendent Electoral Commission (NIEC) Field Offices and relevant electoral operations,
- Support the NIEC in drafting the state and national logistics plans for each electoral operation and activity including voter registration, public outreach and voter education, recruitment and training as well as election day with particular focus on the deployment and retrieval of electoral materials, equipment and polling results.
- Facilitate and support the logistics coordination of electoral activities and operations amongst the national and international stakeholders including private sector contracting,
- Assist the NIEC field office in establishing and implementing a storage and supply chain tracking system on electoral materials and equipment as well asset management system,
- Provide technical advice to and support the NIEC with warehouse management,
- Support and advise the NIEC in maintaining their assets at a functional level of operational readiness,
- Monitor discharge of contractual obligations for transportation and warehousing,
- Train NIEC field staff on logistics planning, assets and warehouse management, fleet management and logistics reporting,
- Monitor and report on logistics operations and support activities,
- Provide reports to the IESG Field Office Operations Coordinator and logistics advisor at IESG Headquarters.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Advanced University degree (Masters or equivalent) in political science international economics, international relations, law, public administration, or a related field;Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
•At least 3 years of experience in implementing, supporting or advising on electoral processes in multiple countries is required.
•Electoral experience in developing or transition economies is desirable.
•Experience in post-conflict situations is desirable.
•Extensive experience in elections, administration, political and social, or related fields at both national and international levels;Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Advanced University degree (Masters or equivalent) in political science international economics, international relations, law, public administration, or a related field;Driving license: Yes Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Vision, Working in Teams