Head of Talent Management (f/m)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for children’s rights. We work in 136 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
Talent Management as part of our Human Resources and Organisation Development function drives the federation-wide identification of Talent and people identified as Talents.
In this context the incumbent will be responsible for the development of the appropriate talent management strategy to support SOS Children`s Villages` overall strategy, to ensure that critical talent pipelines are in place and the subsequent processes are established and aligned, to design and plan the delivery of leadership and people development strategies and the management of talents across the federation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design and support in implementing a talent strategy to ensure processes are business relevant, simplified and executed consistently to achieve desired HR results
- Develop the learning strategy including digital/new media ( e.g.: eLearning)
- Drive the global leadership and people development initiatives across the federation
- Build capability through talent management, succession planning for top executive and business critical positions at the General Secretariat of the organisation
- Develop a concept to enhance a performance driven culture
- Develop, implement, monitor and adapt the appropriate performance management instruments ( e.g.: Performance Dialogue, People/Talent Conferences, Talent Talks) – support management in the appropriate use of these instruments
- Lead the Talent Management Team and its team members
- Develop a Talent retention strategy with a methodological portfolio
- Masters equivalent degree or advanced education in International Relations, Human Resources, Talent Management, People and/or Leadership Development, Transformation or Change Management and Governance or equivalent
- Coaching and Facilitating qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience, part of which related to human resource management and talent management in a leading position (job design, talent acquisition, succession planning, learning and development, performance management) with some experience with non-profit or international organizations being an advantage
- Sound knowledge in designing, planning and monitoring of Talent Programs
- Strong stakeholder management and collaborative leadership skills as well as experience in working with various leadership stakeholders to steer overall talent development strategies
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge in data analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English language skills; any other language skills in German, French, Spanish or Arabic would be an advantage
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application in English by 06 January 2020 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.
Please note that applications will be reviewed and suitable candidates will be contacted for interviews only after the application deadline.