Security Sector Reform Officer
Under the general supervision of the Chief Disarmement Demobilization Reinsertion (DDR) and the direct supervision of Chief Reporting Unit, the Security Sector Reform (SSR) Officer will be responsible to undertake the following tasks internally:
- Provide substantive inputs on project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SSR programs and projects
- Coordinate conduct of training workshops, seminars and outreach activities including presenting assigned SSR topics/activities
- Liaise and coordinate with other mission components to undertake SSR related activities.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with the representatives of civil society, local NGOs and national counterparts/local government to organize meetings on SSR issues.
- Support and follow up on the issues related to Mechanisme Operationel de Coordination (MOC) with mixed patrols/battalion Gao.
- Support DDR and integration process of MOC elements in Gao and /or at the cantonment sites in Gao and Menaka regions in coordination with the reprenstatives of MINUSMA substantive/support sections, Force, UNPOL, National DDR Commission, Integration Commission and MOC Coordinators.
- In coordination with mission components and MOC, undertake assessment of logistics and administrative requirements and ensure provision of timely support to Cantonment, DDR and Integration process.
- Assist in preparing regular reports, updates and analysis on DDR and SSR issues.
- Support and participate in the organization of capacity building programs and production of communication materials to enhance the knowledge of communities, armed movements, youth at risk on the progress of SSR or DDR process.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned
Business administration, security sector governance, management and/or administration, international relations/affairs or other related fieldRequired experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of SSR , Finance and Audit, is required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of military and military inspection or audit is required
- Previous experience in the development and implementation of SSR programmes /projects in post-conflict contexts is also required.
- Previous experience in the development and implementation of Audit or inspection programmes/projects is required
- Previous experience supporting senior coordination meetings is required.
- Basic knowledge of relevant UN institutions, mandate, policies and guidelines is required.
- Previous experience in UN peacekeeping missions is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in Mali context and culture is highly desirable
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and proficiency in word processingDriving license: Yes Competencies values:
Accountability, Communication, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams, Client Orientation