Associate Compound Management Officer
Under the direct supervision of the administrative officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
· Ensures that all offices and accommodation rooms are dusted and cleaned at least once a day specifically before occupancy by the assigned user.
· Ensures that rules and regulations governing the utilization of UNHCR accommodation and office facilities are adhered to by the respective occupants.
· Prepares a list of consumables required for office and guesthouse cleaning indicating quantity and specification of each items and submit to the administration for procurement.
· Prepare a list of appliances, furniture, utensils and linen required in each room as per UNHCR global staff accommodation policy and submit to admiration procurement.
· Supervise the daily work of the cleaning staff and ensure that the facilities are hygienically clean and healthy for inhabitance.
· Constantly liaise with the manager and or supervisor of the cleaning service provider to guarantee that there are no gaps in the provision of cleaning services and correct any shortfall that may occur.
· Monitor the use of cleaning supplies and cleaning process to ensure that both cleaning material, office resources and staff personal effects are accounted for at any given time.
· Participate in the preparation of memoranda of understanding for co-location and implementation between UNHCR and co-locating agencies.
· Ensure that waste are timely collected at least twice a day and promptly disposed of by the contracted service provided.
· Prepare annual plan for procurement of guesthouse furniture, equipment, appliances and linen and submit to administration for inclusion in the annual procurement plan of the office.
· Assist the office arrange hospitality for events; conferences, group seminars, meetings, staff recreation and donor missions.
· Monitor staff movement in order to adequately manage available accommodation rooms and properly calculate accommodation fees for each staff.
· In consultation with the position supervisor, manage reservations for the conference room and accommodation facilities on a priority basis.
· Supervise minor premises maintenance activities and provide guidance on housekeeping activities.
· Advice newly recruited personnel on UNHCR general premises occupancy rules and regulations.
· Draft accommodation contracts between each staff and the organization.
· Manage the cafeteria services.
· Perform other duties as required by supervisor.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Type of Degree: Bachelor’s degree /or diploma in Business / Public Administration, Accounting, Management, Economics or Professional training in Hotel / Hospitality Management or related fields.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least 3 years working in the area of expertise within the private sector, International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) or the United Nations with progressive experience in providing hospitality for big group of people or managing a huge accomdoation or office facility.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
·Proven ability to deal with complex situation especailly last minute denmands and multiple tasks in a courteous and service oriented manner.
·Knowledge of UNHCR or UN system, procedures and operational activities especially within in an emergency setting would be an asset.
·Excellent knowledge of English language and a second UN language is an advantage.
Computer skills: Computer literate; proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc).Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams