HR and Admin Assistant
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country, and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil,Sulaimanyah, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din. rbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
About the job :
The Human Resources and Administration Assistant is responsible for supporting the implementation of all HR and administration functions in the area office and to support the HR and Admin Team Leader to carry out its mission in Mosul to proper handling of both departments’ function.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Support HR team on recruitment process.
- Responsible for scanning and filing of HR documents including contract, timesheet, leave request and other HR documents.
- Assist HR Team on timely induction and orientation sessions for all new staff.
- Support HR team to update organization chart for the Area office on monthly basis.
- Support HR Team to update leave trackers for all national staff in area office.
- Assist HR team to brief hiring managers on the recruitment processes; filling in necessary forms and tools for hiring process (including interview questionnaires).
- Ensure collection of monthly timesheets
- Support on other tasks when required and any other related tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Assist HR team on social security process, documentation and payment.
- Any other HR related tasks when required.
- Manage the guesthouse and venue bookings in Mosul and payments as required and ensure tracking of payment is done through the tracking system.
- Ensuring appropriate movements/accommodation are organized for all travelers’ form/to Mosul.
- Manage the maintenance of DRC office building (power, water, telephone, AC, fire equipment etc.) and plan for the handyman, including the eventual procurement of materials and appliances as required.
- Manage payment of office and guesthouse’s bills in relation to rent and maintenance.
- Manage the DRC’s staff mobile phone lines, including issuance, cancelling of SIM Cards and settling phone bills payment.
- Ensure office and guesthouse are cleaned on daily basis with update cleaners’ schedule in both the Office and the Guesthouses.
- Ensure procurement of offices and house supplies and consumable are process and available on time.
- Maintain and update staff contact list both national and international staff.
- Support HR team on providing DRC ID Cards (requisition and printing) as well as business cards.
- Any other Admin related tasks when required.
Reporting to: HR and Admin Team Leader .
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in HR and Admin position, experience in the NGO sector is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with a proven ability to work with a wide range of managers and staff members
- Facilitation skills, coaching skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work under time pressure
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills both writing and oral
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, databases).
- Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or relevant area.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Level: Band I
Designation of Duty Station: Mosul .
Start date: As soon as possible.
Contract Duration : 12 Months .
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 18 Dec 2019 please be informed that this position is in rolling basis
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo