HIV Manager (m/f/d) - National position
HIV Manager (m/f/d) - National positionMalteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International (MI) is working in Myanmar since 2001, Malteser International currently employs more than 350 national staff in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin states, where our work aims at ensuring communities have access to primary health care services. We also offer comprehensive WASH and disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation solutions, and provide relief after disasters. MI strives to enable and empower the most vulnerable communities in marginalized areas through a participatory and sustainable approach.
In support of our work in Shan State, Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a motivated HIV Manager (m/f/d) - National position.
- Working closely with the Program Coordinator by taking necessary inputs and guidance and applying them in work place
- Working closely with the Country Health Coordinator (CHC) regarding all Health issues following: Submit for validation all modification in the Programme that could affect Malteser Health policy and procedures in Myanmar
Responsible for updating and reporting to Program Coordinator about relevant information, difficulties in work place in timely manner
- Supervising the clinical and laboratory activities and insure the quality of cares especially for HIV patents under ART; ( diagnosis and treatment in line with the national protocols)
- To supervise patient referrals, health education, home based card, social support and other outreach programs
- Participating in the preparation of the Technical Progress Report (quarterly, annual reports) for the donors in close collaboration with the Program Coordinator
- Representing Malteser International in meetings, workshops concerning STI/HIV/AIDS issues at local and national level
- Qualified medical doctor with previous work experience (minimum 7 years) in public health, preferably with clinical/ management experience in HIV/ AIDS and STIs programmes
- Ability to ensure supportive supervision, data collection and reporting
- Good communication skills and ability to facilitate training
- Ability to organize and conduct training and proper utilization of IEC materials
- Interest and motivation to work in remote area
- Ability to live and work under demanding work environments with minimum available basic facilities
- Language skills: Myanmar, English (Shan and Chinese is a plus)
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty Station: Shan State, Myanmar
- Duration of contract: 12 months (extendable) due to donor approval
- Salary according to qualification and experience: 14th month salary & health insurance
- Kindly note that this is a national position