Monitoring & Evaluation Officer-Information Management
Duties and responsibilities
-Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated Core Competency project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
-Support the Coordinator in researching, designing, implementing, and management of data management systems/programs to enhance the timeliness and efficiency of the information data flow within the organization.
-Identifying areas for modification in existing systems and subsequently developing these modifications.
-Create data collection tools. This task includes supporting in the design, coding of the tool on Kobo Toolbox, testing, piloting, supporting during the training, and assisting enumerators during data collection on the field.
- Perform data quality checks to guarantee data is collected according to high standard of quality.
- Suggest changes and improvements based on observations and discussions with the enumerators and staff members.
- Support in the analysis of data when requested.
- Document project progresses, technical issues and/or questions in a way that can be channelled to the Coordinator through a clear reporting mechanism.
- Promote ideas for improvement, share structured feedback and lesson learnt with the M&E team.
- Support the team in other activities agreed and discussed with the management.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
-Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
-Qualification requirement: College/diploma degree or equivalent
-Years of Experience: 1
- Good knowledge of CRM systems
- Good command of Microsoft Access
- Good Databases management skills
- Good communication, interpersonal, training and leadership skills
- Fluent in Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
We can offer
Location: Amman- Jordan
Salary: 1024 JOD(Subject to Social Security & Income Tax)
Contract: till 30th September 2020
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.