Application Closing Date - 16 Feb 2020
Job Start Date - As soon as possible
Duration - 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location - Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: The Fundraising Coordinator will develop proposals for institutional donors and grant-making foundations, taking responsibility for solid processing from beginning to end, including research, due diligence, production, submission and reporting.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin/Germany
- Develop highly competitive grant proposals, for bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, big trusts and foundations; finalize applications to persuasively communicate our vision, strategy, and programs to potential funders; solicit and integrate feedback from program, budget, and fundraising perspectives
- Manage grant reporting process to ensure reporting requirements, grant deliverables, and project milestones are met and communicated with funders in a timely manner
- Research grant opportunities so that TI-S can pro-actively pursue the most promising ones in order to realize its strategic goals
- Steward donors on behalf of TI-S and the wider movement and ensure a movement-wide coherent approach; preparing and facilitating donor interaction, and ensuring adequate follow-up
- Facilitate internal consultation processes to ensure TI-S fundraises for its priorities and with the most promising products (projects, programmes, other deliverables)
- Provide advice on project, programme, and contract design, donor rules and regulations
- Advise and assist TI colleagues, and at times lead on project design, proposal development, contract negotiations, and donor reporting
- Support the exchange of learning and expertise within a community of fundraising practice across TI-S and the movement
- Contribute to the realization of the overall TI-S fundraising strategy
- Contribute to the best record-keeping in the Salesforce database
- Contribute to other team deliverables, in particular regarding fundraising from individuals and the private sector
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree in International Relations, European Studies, other political, economic or social science disciplines, or other relevant fields
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience with a minimum three years of experience in fundraising, project development, proposal writing and contract negotiations with a strong focus on institutional donors and foundations
- Proven work experience with an in-depth understanding of donor funding procedures, rules and regulations, including financial budgeting and reporting
- Competence in efficient utilisation of fundraising databases, preferably Salesforce
- Capable of working under pressure and against deadlines
- Excellent communication, impeccable presentation and strong networking skills
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English is essential; other European languages, especially German, are an asset
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the source of the application) and CV in English (in one pdf-file) to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 16 February 2020.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback on applications.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org