Business Pursuit Manager (Business manager) - based in Myanmar
Business Pursuit Manager (Business manager, Programme Funding Manager)
Based in Myanmar
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Application Closing Date: 23 Feb 2020
This role will provide proactive funding strategies and increase VSO funding from a diverse range of donors of institutional donors (e.g. EU, UN, DFID, USAID etc.) in support of VSO's programmes and regional operations. You will deliver business development leadership and coordination for VSO Country Offices in Myanmar.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide critical strategic leadership to maximize VSO's funding for high-quality programmes with far-reaching impact in Myanmar.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Essential selection criteria
* Significant experience managing business pursuit activities within the international development sector for an INGO or development consulting firm;
* Experience developing funding strategies and delivering income against targets;
* Experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered substantially increased income ;
* Experience of proactively building and maintaining effective partnerships both internal and external
Skills and ability
* Proven track record in writing succinctly and winning donor proposals for DFID, USAID, EC, SIDA and UN Agencies - including proven ability to develop log frames, monitoring frameworks, and theories of change;
* Proven ability to research new funding opportunities and to make appropriate judgments about their potential to realize significant restricted income;
* Strong interpersonal skills, including written, verbal, relationship building and presentation skills used in international settings - the experience of leading and facilitating workshops and training;
* Proven track record in proactively pursuing funding opportunities and demonstrated ability to influence the decision
* Numerate with significant analytical skills
* Ability to travel locally and globally (estimated 25% travel required)
* Ability to work independently and influence decisions
* Understanding of M&E tools; theories of change, monitoring frameworks, and basic evaluation techniques;
* Educated to post-graduate degree level in international development-related discipline or equivalent work-related experience
* Bachelor Degree in International Development, Business or related discipline;
* Good communication skills and fluency in local languages is desirable.
* Experience of living and working in Myanmar or ASEAN countries is desirable.
*Essential Criteria: Good understanding of Myanmar's social development context, donor landscapes and values the role of volunteering for development
This role will be based in Myanmar and this position is opened for both national and international (with national term and conditions). For candidates recruited outside of Myanmar and requiring relocation to take up the employment, VSO offers a relocation package to support your settling into the country for the first two years of employment.