Project Support (Finance) for Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM) Secretariat - SC5 - Jakarta - (For Indonesian Nationality Only)
“UNDP is the UN's global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in about 170 countries and territories, including Indonesia, working to eradicate poverty while protecting the planet. UNDP supports implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In Indonesia, UNDP works with the Government to integrate SDGs into national plan and policies.”
UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.”
Indonesia is one of the nine countries in Asia and the Pacific where the number of HIV infections continues to rise (approximately 67,000 new infections per year). In 2013, it was estimated that 640,000 people were living with HIV in Indonesia (representing 1.8% of the global HIV burden). The WHO classifies Indonesia as a high burden country in terms of tuberculosis (TB), TB/HIV coinfection and high multi-drug resistant TB (MDR-TB). According to a 2013-2014 TB prevalence survey, Indonesia has one of the world’s highest TB burdens with a prevalence of 1.6 million cases (representing 15% of the global burden).
Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria (GFATM) Programme requires every recipient country to organize and maintain a Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM), a nationally-representative, multi-sectoral body that (a) serves as the source of all proposals submitted to the GFATM and (b) conducts oversight on all active grants in the recipient country.
To receive fund support from The Global Fund, it requires every recipient country to organize and maintain a CCM, a nationally-representative, multi-sectoral body that (a) serves as the source of all proposals submitted to the GFATM and (b) conducts oversight on all active grants in the recipient country.
In terms to implement all The Global Fund support agenda in Indonesia, the CCM formed The Technical Working Groups (TWGs), an inclusive multi-stakeholder mechanism working group that has tasks for coordinating the activities funded under the Global Fund grant and ensuring that those activities fulfil their respective role within the National Strategy and Action Plan.
The TWGs are delegated with the primary responsibility for concept note/proposal development in each disease area as well as the primary responsibility for grant oversight. In addition, TWG members review PUDRs and other grant-or PR-related information and participate in Field Oversight Visits (FOVs) conducted on behalf of the CCM. TWG members comprise both CCM Members and non-CCM members, invited for their expertise in the field.
The CCM Secretariat support the CCM and TWGs to facilitate all activities particularly on meetings, workshops, consultations, and filed oversight visits both national and subnational levels. This position is located primary in project management in CCM Secretariat under overall guidance Project Manager to support the CCM Secretariat on a day-to-day basis to cover financial functions. Under the overall guidance of the Project Manager, the Financial Project Assistant provides project support services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely, and properly recorded/documented financial service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
FUNCTIONS / KEY RESULTS EXPECTED
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support the CCM Secretariat in financial administration activities
Support the project team to ensure effective project planning and implementation focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compiles, summarizes, and presents basic information/data on specific project and related financial issues;
- Reviews financial documents for completeness and compliance with relevant rules and procedures prior to submission for final approval and signature; identifies inconsistencies; distributes financial documents to relevant parties upon approval.
- Implement project standard operating procedures in line with the government and UNDP’s regulations;
Support to the effective multi-donor financial reporting on progress of project implementation
- Support to the preparation of annual and quarterly work plans as well as meetings, audit, operational and financial closure of a project.
- Support to the preparation of quarterly project reports, in line with the financial reporting guidelines and presents it to the project assurance team on a timely manner;
- To provide financial administrative support for preparation of results oriented progress reports.
Provides effective admin and financial support to the CCM Secretariat focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support in the day-to-day administration of CCM Indonesia Secretariat financial transactions
- Support in conducting financial management of the project including preparing draft of financial report and complete all financial documentations prior to input any data /financial transactions /financial report; and to monitor the project financial cash flow and report it to the Finance Officer in line with prevailing rules and guideline
- Support for administrative, asset and the coordination of project implementation activities to process , including audit follow up action at the project level .
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
IMPACT OF RESULTS
The key results have an impact on the execution of CCM Secretariat’s financial and administrative services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate financial duties, administrative duties, initiates and sustains relationship with key constituents enhances CCM Secretariat capability as the administrative and support arm of the CCM.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP's Goals
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum Diploma (3 years) or in Accounting, Finance, Management, Economics, or other relevant fields of study. Bachelor degree is not requirement.
Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience for Diploma Degree and 3 years for Bachelor degree , preferably in the field of development would desirable
- Has combined working experiences in managing financial supports for projects; has knowledge of GFATM programme is desirable.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of financial planning and development
- Has working experiences with the international donor and development community in project implementation
Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
- High degree of integrity, and highly organized and good analytical skills.
- Excellent networking, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and database.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply . All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.