Consultant (m/f/d) – Baseline Survey
Consultant (m/f/d) – Baseline SurveyMalteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, has more than 50 years of experience in humanitarian relief and covers around 100 projects in some 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas, annually.
Malteser International first began working in Myanmar in 1996, implementing small scale relief projects with local partners, and it has been active with its own staff in the country since 2001. Today, Malteser International employs more than 300 national staff in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin States, where our work aims at ensuring communities have access to primary health care services. We also offer comprehensive WASH and disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation solutions and provide relief after disasters. Malteser International strive to enable and empower the most vulnerable communities in marginalized areas through a participatory and sustainable approach.
In support of our work in Eastern Shan State, Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a
Consultant (m/f/d) – Baseline Survey
Responsibilities:Malteser International is looking to commission a consultancy to conduct a baseline survey for an integrated food security and WASH project in Monghsat District, eastern Shan State, Myanmar. The main overall objective is to provide baseline information against indicators as specified in the project proposal, log-frame and provide a platform for the impact evaluation. To this purpose MI is interested in working with a consultant team of national and/or international experts.
- A brief but concise inception report describing survey methodology, survey plan, and time schedule
- Conducting the baseline survey
- Presentations with the key findings in both MM and English to be done in the field before leaving the location, and another one at Country Office
- The final baseline survey report (25-30 pages) including complete cleaned data files (soft copy) in MS Excel format, including variables labeled in English
- Salary according to qualification and experience
- Timeframe: The consultancy is expected to take place between end April/May 2020. The estimated timeframe is 25 days
- Malteser International will take care of and cover for all local travel arrangements in eastern Shan State
- Malteser International will assist with the organisation of interviews with stakeholders, as recommended and aligned with the consultant
- Malteser International will make sure that translation is available with all meetings at project location when necessary
- The consultant will be responsible for insurance coverage and all necessary equipment (e.g. computer) as well as communication costs
Qualifications:Qualifications and Skills:
- Postgraduate university degree or equivalent
- Experience and knowledge in conducting research or baseline studies using combined methods including qualitative and quantitative data collection, and participatory studies
- Demonstrable expertise and experience in projects with food and nutrition security, livelihood and WASH components
- Excellent data processing and database management skills
Specific Professional Experience:
- Fluency in English and Myanmar Language, knowledge of languages spoken in the project area (Chinese, Lahu, Lisu, Arkhar) is an additional plus
Experience in Myanmar ethnic context highly preferable
Computer literacy (statistical packages, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Interested candidates should submit an expression of interest including the following:
- Technical offer including description of methodology and work plan
- Financial offer including costs for travel, accommodation, per diem etc.
- Information on previous experience, including CV and two examples of comparable pieces of work (or recent consultancy if no comparable work is available)
- Information on availability for the assignment
For more information, please see the Terms of Reference.
Expression of interestOffers shall be presented per email to Malteser International.
Contact person: Mostak Ahmed (MEAL Coordinator), firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly submit your application (CV, technical offer including description of methodology and work plan, financial offer including costs for international travel (home-Beirut-home), information on availability for the assignment, three professional references) until March 8th, 2020.