The Shanti Bhavan Educational Trust is looking for a highly-motivated and passionate individual to fill an opening for the Administrative Manager position to oversee our volunteer program and carry out administrative and executive duties at Shanti Bhavan, our English-medium progressive boarding school in rural India. The administrative manager will work alongside one other administrative manager to coordinate with the Indian and the US teams in order to support onsite activities and fundraising efforts in the US, including content creation for social media and other photo and video production.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTION
Shanti Bhavan has been in existence for nearly 25 years and has been profiled in The New York Times, the Charlie Rose Show, Thomas Friedman's The World is Flat, the Discovery Channel, ABC News and Glamour Magazine’s “Get Schooled” series. In 2017, the four part Netflix Original Documentary series, Daughters of Destiny, featured Shanti Bhavan.
Shanti Bhavan serves children of the lowest caste - all of the children in the program hail from socio-economically depressed areas of rural India, mostly from the "Untouchable" or "Dalit" communities. The mission of Shanti Bhavan is to empower children from India’s lowest socioeconomic class to break the cycle of generational poverty through education, leadership, and compassion. They are given a full scholarship, room and board while they attend the school. Shanti Bhavan means “haven of peace” and the school truly is a “haven” for students aging from pre-K-12th grade. They are provided with a world-class education in a safe and nurturing environment.
You can visit https://shantibhavanchildren.org/ to learn more about the school.
Start Date: June 2020.
Must be willing to commit until mid-December 2020, with possibility of extension until April 2021.
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience with event planning and logistics, including long-term project management
- Comfort and expertise in procuring large amounts of video and photo assets to be used for fundraising purposes
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assign tasks, manage a diverse group of volunteers, and build strong working relationships with current staff
- Experience creating content for social media
- Capacity to serve as a supportive and professional mentor to the children
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, donors, corporate sponsors, etc. often bridging cultural gaps
- Detail-oriented focus
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations and expectations and relay those adjustments to other team members
- Superior ability to handle stress and set boundaries both personally and professionally
- Comfort with working closely with another individual who shares many overlapping responsibilities
- Ability to maintain a highly motivated, persevering, and achievement-oriented attitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision while remaining abreast of the vision of the school
- Competency with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and other office software / tools