External Relations & Partnerships Officer
Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Head of the WHO Country Office or the External Relations & Partnership lead or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will:
- Mapping top donors the programme areas to which they provide funding
- Research on donors and maintain extensive data on governmental, foundations and corporate donors and potential donors up to date
- Assist technical staff to format and submit proposals and reports that meet donor requirements
- Arrange visits from and meetings with donors, including briefing notes.
- Assist in response to calls for proposals by major donors
- Assist in the preparation of external relation trainings
- Assist in maintaining and develop partnerships with external stakeholders
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- First level university degree in public health, business administration, management, communications, international relations or a related field.
At least 3 - 5 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level experience in grant management, donor funding, proposal development, and resource mobilization
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Experience in WHO or other UN organizations would be an asset.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
This assignment falls within the framework of the Africa Women Health Champions to improve health and gender equality initiative. African female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 29 March 2020