Telecommunications Administrator (IO0926)
Aix en Provence (France)
The ITER Organization brings together people from all over the world to be part of a thrilling human adventure in southern France—building the ITER Tokamak. We require the best people in every domain.
We offer challenging full-time assignments in a wide range of areas and encourage applications from candidates with all levels of experience, from recent graduates to experienced professionals. Applications from under-represented ITER Members and from female candidates are strongly encouraged as the ITER Organization supports diversity and gender equality in the workplace.
Our working environment is truly multi-cultural, with 29 different nationalities represented among staff. The ITER Organization Code of Conduct gives guidance in matters of professional ethics to all staff and serves as a reference for the public with regards to the standards of conduct that third parties are entitled to expect when dealing with the ITER Organization.
The south of France is blessed with a very privileged living environment and a mild and sunny climate. The ITER Project is based in Saint Paul-lez-Durance, located between the southern Alps and the Mediterranean Sea—an area offering every conceivable sporting, leisure, and cultural opportunity.
To see why ITER is a great place to work, please look at this video
Application deadline: 05/04/2020
Division: Information Technology
Section: IT System and Operation
Job Family: Organizational Support
Job Role: Functional Assistant - 3
Job Grade: G5
Language requirements: Fluent in English (written & spoken)
Contract duration: Up to 5 years
As a Telecommunications Administrator, you will take an active role in improving and ensuring the constant service availability of the telecommunication infrastructure (mobile, fixed and emergency telephony services as provided by the IT department) across the ITER site/buildings by supporting the design, build, negotiation and operation of the telephony services.
You will maintain and evolve the ITER Organization’s mobile, skype for business, landline and emergency telephony systems as managed by the ITER Information Technology Division (IT).
You also will keep up to date with the market and bring technical support to Procurement and Contracts Division (PCD) for the negotiation of contracts with suppliers.
- Provides support to PCD for the negotiation of contracts and follows-up as required with service providers;
- In close collaboration with PCD, follows the otimized budget dedicated for telephony services (specifically for conditions, functionalities and service provisions);
- Writes technical specifications, participates in the ITER procurement and follows up on negotiation processes related to the telecommunications connectivity, fibers, infrastructure and services for the operation of ITER;
- Organizes the support, management, continuous improvement and documentation of the ITER telephony systemswhilst developing a sustainable and robust knowledge data base for the service support in compliance with ITER requirements;
- Provides telephony services to the construction activities and once the new buildings are delivered;
- Keeps up to date on new telecommunication technologies (i.e. 5G) to improve the communication both externally and within the ITER Organization;
- Ensures that the telephone service availability is constant by defining optimal operation strategies with providers and monitoring, analyzing and troubleshooting telephony related issues;
- Manages the service operation following up issues, requests, changes, incidences, problems, service levels and the user satisfaction;
- Proposes appropriate telephony solutions for issues in existing and new buildings, taking into account specific constraints and in compliance with ITER requirements;
- Coordinates the tasks related to both services and projects, and surveys the execution of tasks orders assigned to subconstractors;
- May be requested to support any of the project/construction teams and to perform other duties in support of the project;
- May be required to work as part of the the IT on-call service which operates outside ITER Organization reference working hours, including nights, week-ends and public holidays.
Measures of Effectiveness
- Manages telephony services and projects within the defined schedule and quality, at optimized cost and budget;
- Ensures and delivers telephony services run with an uptime above 99%
- Monitors the constent evolution of mobile telephony subscriptions to ensure the most cost effective and satisfactory service (i.e.: latest technologies);
- Implements telecommunication solutions that are compliant with user requirements;
- Writes and maintains technical and administrative documentation and data related to telephony area.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 7 years of experience in the administration of telecommunication user service and operation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Telecommunications or other relevant field;
- Certification on various Microsoft related technologies or project management are considered as an advantage;
- Extensive experience in similar jobs (involving similar work responsibilities) and/or additional training certificates in relevant domains may be considered a reasonable substitute for the required educational degree.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Working knowledge of French is advantageous for communicating with French telecom providers.
Technical Competencies and demonstrated experience in:
- Experience of Mobile Device Management solutions;
- Proven experience in the administration of telephony services (PBX, SBC, FAX) and VOIP based communication solutions;
- Administration experience of Alcatel PBX (OXE / Crystal hardware); Sonus VX / UX Gateway; AirWatch MDM, Telecommunication protocols (ISDN, QSIG, T2, SIP, GSM, LTE) and Lync Server 2013 Enterprise Edition / Skype for Business Server 2015 Enterprise Edition;
- Networking (TCP/IP, Firewalls, DNS, DHCP, Load Balancing);
- Experience in ITIL best practices or equivalent is desirable;
- Procurement and negotiation skills are beneficial;
- Ability to coordinate activities with external stakeholders is desirable;
- Windows PowerShell experience is an advantage;
- Polycom System (RMX, DMA, HDX and GroupSeries) administration is considered an advantage.
- Collaborate: Ability to dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders;
- Communicate Effectively: Ability to adjust communication content and style to deliver messages to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment;
- Drive results: Ability to persist in the face of challenges to meet deadlines with high standards;
- Manage Complexity: Ability to gather multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately before moving to proposals;
- Instill trust: Ability to apply high standards of team mindset, trust, excellence, loyalty and integrity.
The following important information shall apply to all jobs at ITER Organization
- Maintains a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of the ITER Safety Program, ITER Values (Trust; Loyalty; Integrity; Excellence; Team mind set; Diversity and Inclusiveness) and Code of Conduct;
- ITER Core technical competencies of 1) Nuclear Safety, environment, radioprotection and pressured equipment 2) Occupational Health, safety & security 3) Quality assurance processes. Knowledge of these competencies may be acquired through on-board training at basic understanding level for all ITER staff members;
- Implements the technical control of the Protection Important Activities, as well as their propagation to the entire supply chain;
- May be requested to work on beryllium-containing components. In this case, you will be required to follow the established ITER Beryllium Management Program for working safely with beryllium. Training and support will be provided by the ITER Organization;
- May be requested to be part of any of the project/construction teams and to perform other duties in support of the project;
- Informs the IO Director-General, Domain Head, or Department/Office Head of any important and urgent issues that cannot be handled by lline management and that may jeopardize the achievement of the Project’s objectives.