Regional Management of Mine Action Capacity / Weapons and Ammunition Management Adviser
|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
- Master Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Science, or related field is required.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent with an additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- High School / Secondary Education in combination with an additional 6 years of Military or other relevant experience in the field of EOD & / or lEDD (Military & / or civilian), may be considered in lieu of a University Degree.
- Fluency in English (reading. writing, speaking).
- Fluency in another official UN language is desired.
- Ammunition Management certification by an internationally recognised & accredited military or civilian institution is required.
- EOD Level 3 (or equivalent) is required.
- 5 years of experience in operations management is required, this experience can be within the fields of either military MA, commercial MA, or humanitarian MA & must include experience with ammunition management, EOD or IEDD.
- 3 years of experience conducting explosive threat mitigation activities is required.
- 1 year of demonstrated experience in training is required.
- Knowledge of the IMAS is required.
- Experience in capacity building is desired.
- Experience with training foreign nationals in EOD / IEDD techniques is desired.
- ClED / lED threat mitigation operational field experience in the last 10 years, as part of a military deployment or within a MA program, in a high threat lED environment is desired.
- Experience with the QA / QC processes with regard to humanitarian MA desired.
- Knowledge of the UN system s is desired.
- Computer literacy, in particular experience of using MS Office & IMSMA is desired.
- Experience in a similar operating environment to South Sudan.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas & expertise, is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports & acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments & accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning & organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities & assignments, adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time & resources for completing work. Foresees risks & allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors, adjusts plans & actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Judgement / Decision making: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation & comes to the heart of the problem quickly. Gathers relevant information before making a decision. Considers positive & negative impacts of decisions prior to making them. Takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others & on the organisation. Proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information. Checks assumptions against facts. Determines that the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed & underlying needs for the decision. Makes tough decisions when necessary.
- Communication: Speaks & writes clearly & effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others & responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify & exhibits interest in having 2 way communication. Tailors language, tone, style & format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information & keeping people informed.
- Commitment to continuous learning: Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession. Actively seeks to develop oneself professionally & personally. Contributes to the learning of colleagues & subordinates. Shows willingness to learn from others. Seeks feedback to learn & improve.
- Technological awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology. Understands applicability & limitations of technology to the work of the office. Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks. Shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities & honours commitments. Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost & quality standards. Operates in compliance with organisational regulations & rules. Supports subordinates, provides oversight & takes responsibility for delegated assignments. Takes personal responsibility for his / her own shortcomings & those of the work unit, where applicable.