Programme Specialist, Non-Core Global Funds Management Unit, New York, P-3
New York City (United States of America)
Programme Specialist position is located in the non-core global funds management unit, New York and reports to the Chief of the Unit. Programme Specialist works in an integrated, coordinated and systems strengthening approach which is fundamental to UNFPA’s overall strategy.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end unmet need for family planning; end preventable maternal deaths; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, non-core global funds management unit, the Programme Specialist is responsible for the coordination, with implementing units and Fund advisors, of programmatic and reporting activities related to non-core global funds. He/she analyzes and interprets UNFPA’s policies, rules and regulations as well as donor’s reporting requirements and ensures the compliance of reporting. The Programme Specialist promotes a collaborative and integrated client-oriented approach consistent with UNFPA’s rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
• Advanced University Degree in international development, economics, public administration and information, business administration, social sciences, public health or related fields in media relations, communications, publishing or related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 5 years professional experience in the area of programme management, partnership and knowledge management, communications and publishing is required.
• Good experience in programme management, development and implementation of global policies.
• Strategic alliances and partnership building and management
• Experience in media and communication, including experience in publishing, desirable.
• Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing global operational frameworks and guidelines, essential.
• Proven ability to produce demonstrable results.
• Experience with international non-profit organizations would be desirable.
• Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.