Consultant - Institutional Capacity Development Mentor
IDLO and Financial Reporting Center (FRC), seek to recruit an Institutional Capacity Development Mentor that will be recruited into and embedded within the Financial Reporting Centre’s Office in Mogadishu for an initial duration of 5 months with possibility of 18-month extension subject to performance and availability of funding. She/he will work under the primary supervision of the Director of the FRC and will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Advise and support the FRC on institutional development matters including on the most effective internal institutional set-up, and the development of appropriate systems and SOPs to enhance the FRC workflow management and task assignment and tracking;
- Advise and support the FRC with the preparation of institutional capacity assessments, capacity development plans and the effective implementation of FRC capacity development strategies;
- Provide technical assistance, training and mentoring advice and support capacity building of FRC staff in line with FRC capacity development plans;
- Advise and support the FRC with the formulation of key institutional documents and strategies including the FRC communication strategy, FRC strategic plan and the FRC annual 2021 FIU report;
- In close collaboration with other FRC Departments support the FRC with the operationalization of the FRC reporting systems and procedures;
- Advise and support the FRC to develop and strengthen collaboration with the Police Criminal Investigation Department and the Office of the Attorney General to facilitate the exchange of information, and other information exchange mechanisms, including drafting Memorandum of Understandings, Requests for Assistance, letters and other communications to facilitate exchange information where required;
- If requested, participate in meetings with external stakeholders;
- Prepare a variety of written outputs and file monthly reports concerning the work and performed activities; and
- Perform other work-related duties as required.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Advance University degree in Economics, Finance, Law, Criminology or related field;
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant professional experience in managing or working at a senior management level in an operational Finance Intelligence Unit;
- Extensive experience and knowledge of AML/CFT issues at senior level; and
- Good experience in the development of institutional capacity needs assessments and capacity development strategies and action plans.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Experience in Somalia or working in high-risk environments and under stressful conditions is highly desirable;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop excellent relations with Somali counterparts and donor officials;
- Previous experience of goAML an asset; and
- Ability to live, work, and travel in Somalia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Somali is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.