Under the supervision of the HR/Admin Officer the Receptionist will on top of managing the reception area, handle telephone and fax communications, all reception duties in an efficient and professional manner. Effectively carry out administrative tasks related to filling and other administrative tasks as requested.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- To maintain an attractive, pleasant and neat front desk area.
- To receive and assist guests to the office courteously, answering queries and providing information while being as prudent as possible.
- To assist visitors to leave messages where the employee desired is not around and ensures that the messages are received.
- To organize the notice boards at the reception area regularly displaying relevant and useful information for the attention of members of staff and visitors.
Telephone and Fax communication:
- Receive & transfer all incoming and outgoing calls.
- Receive &send fax messages and forward the documents to concerned staffs.
- Ensure urgent messages are followed up accordingly by the front desk and the staff member concerned.
- Making official phone calls on behalf of staff members, especially senior managers.
- Maintaining and updating regularly an internal telephone extension list and instructions for use. Updating staff contact sheet on any changes.
- Reporting any faults to the IT Officer and Telecommunication Company immediately.
- Securely maintain and use IRC stamp only on the authorized/approved documents.
- Making appointments for staff and reminding them of approaching appointments. Schedule interviews for internal and external candidates.
- Efficiently issue stationery for staff upon request, release supplies from store by filling Store Release Form. Maintain tracking of stationery issued VS inventory released from store.
- Conduct analysis of supplies purchased and supplies released from store VS Inventory tracking of logistics. Proactively raise PR for quarter procurement request before the supplies gets depleted.
- File documents for the Country Director.
- Regularly check incoming mail box including the post office and Ensure mail pouches to NY and Field sites are dispatched in timely manner.
- Open internal mails like CV’s and distribute them to the intended personnel.
- Make copies of personnel letters. Assist in distribution of signed/approved documents.
- Ensure outgoing mail pouches dispatched on time.
- Assist in coordinating farewells and procurement of gifts for staff.
- Performs any additional tasks assigned by his/her supervisors
Key working relationships:
A) Internal: All IRC Ethiopia staff based in Addis and throughout the Country.
B) External: Other NGOs and bodies connected to IRC in Ethiopia work.