2092 Junior Advisor - Education
Duties and Responsibilities
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Actively participate in the realization of initiatives set by the PMO and Team for Education.
- Collect information and report on the progress of the select priority projects in the field of education identified by the PMO.
- Track progress and identify key bottlenecks and take action to fast-track implementation of the key projects related to reform of education system.
- Act as a key liaison on specific topics between the PMO and the line Ministries, implementation agencies and other involved stakeholders. This includes maintaining good cooperation and coordination between national counterparts, project partners and other stakeholders, and maintain regular contacts with beneficiaries to ensure relevance and quality of projects’ outputs;
- Prepare regular progress reports on the specific project results, implementation issues, emerging risks/problems and propose necessary remedial actions;
- Analyze different policy options, international policies and courses of action in regard to the specific projects, evaluate risks tied to each opetion and develop aggregated reports with recommendations for action;
- Provide inputs for project work plans and project reports and their presentation to the PMO for review/approval;
- Identify, collect and analyze relevant policy-related information and data to support evidence-based policy making at the PMO.
- As required, prepare official correspondence for national and international partners.
- Perform other duties as required.
- PMO and Technical Advisor for Education overall satisfaction with provided services;
- Reports provided on time, in line with the quality standards and specific tasks assigned;
- Proactivity and taking ownership/initiative related to the assigned project or task;
- Demonstrates team work abilities, shares information and knowledge;
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal communication, written and verbal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Client oriented: establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects;
- Good application of Results-Based Management;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling ethical standards;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Excellent information technology skills, including word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet;
- Treats all people fairly without prejudice;
- Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills and Experience
- Track record of a minimum of two (2) years working in project implementation or coordination;
- Work experience in the public sector would be an advantage;
- Work experience in the field of education would be an advantage;
- Proven ability to deliver high quality output in implementation of projects;
- Track record of preparing high quality reports/documents.
- Sound understanding of Serbia's political, institutional, and socio-economic situation;
- Good understanding of the implemented government policies in respective area;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office package, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to deliver when working under pressure and within changing circumstances;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
- Readiness to share and exchange knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.