Associate Durable Solutions Officer
Brazzaville (Congo Republic)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Snr Development Officer, the UNV Associate Durable Solutions Officer will:
- Fill in the duties for this of assignment
- Provide guidance and input to the annual programme planning to identify adequate resources and means to implement the programme in the field office.
- Participate in the planning of, and advice on opportunities for alternative solutions, including available regional and national legal frameworks.
- Participate in consultative processes within UNHCR and with a broad range of regional and national external partners to promote voluntary repatriation, local integration and resettlement.
- Implement activities in accordance with the comprehensive solutions strategy, with a view to finding durable solutions to the maximum number of PoCs.
- Monitor the design/implementation of the durable solutions strategy and provide advice for improvements.
- Contribute to fostering and maintaining strategic partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Advise on populations of concern’ appropriate engagement for the identification of the most appropriate solutions, including through participatory assessments and other forms of community based assessments.
- Advise on the integration and mainstreaming of self-reliance as a key component of a durable solutions strategy and ensure the involvement of PoCs in transition projects, peace-building and development initiatives.
- Analyses statistics, trends, and other documents, and draft reports regarding durable solutions.
- Conduct training activities aimed at the capacity building of UNHCR and partner staff on durable solutions, peace building/coexistence and partnership.
- Interview candidates for local integration and prepare the appropriate documentation for onward submission to local authorities or partners, in line with Local Integration SOPs.
- Implement and contribute to the designing of national and regional comprehensive durable solutions strategies
- Engage national and local interlocutors on durable solutions issues.
- Any other duties in relations to Durable Solutions given by the supervisor.
University degree in Law, Political Science, Social Science, International Relations, International Law, Economics or other relevant field.
Training Certificates and/or Licenses below is an asset:
HCR Protection Learning Programme
HCR Resettlement Learning Programme
HCR RSD Learning ProgrammeRequired experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience with at 2 years field experience in local integration or implementing livelihoods with development agencies, and NGOs which includes working on local economic development and community-based development projects; excellent policy and development programming skills, strong and up-to date knowledge of development; community and peace-building in fragile and conflict-affected situations.Language skills:
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of Expertise
- Human rights Mandatory
- Protection of refugees, asylum seekers and IDPs Optional
- Other Emergency management experience Optional:
- Durables solutions and Resettlement.
- Computer skills in MS Office, including Excel, World and PowerPoint and Data management.
- Competence in planning of reintegration activities and sustainable development;
- Field experience is Africa is a plus;
- Knowledge and exposure to the social and cultural values of the region concerned is a distinct asset.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 12 July 2020