ERP Functional Specialist (Unit4) (P-3)
The Hague (Netherlands)
The Administration Division manages the OPCW’s day-to-day human resources, finances, and logistical support.
The Budget and Finance Branch applies best practice budgetary and financial support services to the OPCW. The Branch is responsible for developing and managing the OPCW Programme and Budget, supporting the management and reporting of extra-budgetary funding, preparation of the OPCW Financial Statements, collecting assessed State Party contributions and other income, and administering all payments for the organisation.
The Human Resources Branch provides human resources advice and services to the OPCW in relation to human resources planning, sourcing, recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of service, training and staff development programmes, transition support, and individual staff and manager support and separation processes.
The Information Services Branch provides functional oversight of all OPCW information technology (IT) and telecommunication systems.
The Procurement Section, Infrastructure Support Services Section, and Support Services Section are responsible for procuring goods and services; managing the Organisation’s physical inventory and assets; assisting with matters related to insurance, travel, transportation and removal; and ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of facility management services.
- Contract Type
Total Salary (including post adjustment)
- Closing Date
The ideal applicant enjoys business innovation, creative collaboration, and high-paced environment where each day is challenging, yet rewarding. If you're interested in thriving as part of our energetic team, please contact us!
We are currently looking to expand our team and have a great opportunity to add an ERP Functional Specialist (Unit 4) to our Information Services branch. Being an ERP Functional Specialist, you will participates in projects to gather user requirements to design, configure, test and implement ERP systems and applications.This role requires both a technical and functional understanding of ERP Systems (functional modules, setup and configuration, database structure, reporting writing and business use).
The ERP Functional Specialist will focus on performing functional analysis, feasibility studies and design for ERP solution based on Unit4 (e.g. HR, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Planner, Travel, Asset management, Procurement, etc.) This role is responsible for interacting with stakeholders or end users, understanding business needs and system gaps, and gathering requirements to develop and implement solutions in the ERP applications. The ERP Functional Specialist is a change agent ensuring successful adoption of the system while implementing best practices and helping our organisation fully utilise system capabilities.
The successful candidate will assist in troubleshooting by investigating and resolving the reported incidents escalated from the service desk or by business users. In addition, you’ll be expected to monitor data consistency and support the integration from other administrative applications to the new Unit4-ERP system.
To view the complete outline, please click here.
Qualifications and Experience
You should have an advanced degree in Computer Sciences, Management Information Systems, Finance, and Business Administration or related. A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience (minimum 7 years) may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Equivalent or specialised training in combination with minimum 11 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Relative training in appropriate information technologies, database modelling, system design and application software;
- Certification in Unit4 Business World system administration and configuration is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience
Make sure you have at least five years of related experience in the implementation of ERP solutions based on Unit4 (e.g. Human resources, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Planner, Travel expenses, Fixed Assets, Assets management, Procurement, etc.)
- At least one full cycle implementation experience in Unit4 Business World ERP;
- Experience in managing application support service contracts.
Skills and Competencies
To succeed in this role you will need the following skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of Unit4 Business World ERP applications including system administration;
- Knowledge of Unit4 Business World ERP customisation, integration, setups and reporting tools (e.g. Analyser, Balance Tables Enquiries, Browser Enquiries, Workflow, Intellagent, Excelerator, Postback, Batch Input Format (BIF), AG16 Query, Agresso Management Console, etc.);
- Knowledge of/experience in the administration of SaaS;
- Knowledge of leading Reporting / Business Intelligence is highly desirable;
- Experience in data migration and application integration tools is highly desirable;
- High level MS SQL skills is desirable;
- Ability to identify client’s needs and to propose appropriate solutions;
- Good communications skills and ability to analyse problems and react quickly in stress situations with minimum supervision;
- Ability to plan and organise;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different professional, national and cultural backgrounds;
- Looks at issues and/or opportunities from several points of view (customer, organization, supplier, producer, etc.);
- Out of the Box thinking, looks beyond common solutions and tried and tested methods, and welcomes new ideas.
Fluency in English is essential and a good working knowledge of one of the other official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) is desirable.
This fixed-term appointment is for the duration of two years with a six-month probationary period, and is subject to the OPCW Staff Regulations and Interim Staff Rules.
The OPCW is a non-career organisation with limited staff tenure. The total length of service for Professional staff shall not exceed 7 years.
The Director-General retains the discretion to not make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. Several vacancies may be filled.
Only applications submitted before the closing date and through OPCW CandidateSpace will be considered. Only applicants under serious consideration for a post will be contacted.
Applications from qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Important notice for applicants who are currently insured under the Dutch Social Security system
Although headquartered in the Netherlands, the OPCW is not a regular Dutch employer but a public international organisation with its own special status. Please be advised that if you are currently insured under the Dutch Social Security system, you will be excluded from this system as a staff member of the OPCW. You will consequently be insured under the organisation’s system. The above also applies to your dependents unless they are employed by a regular Dutch employer, they are self-employed in the Netherlands, or are receiving Dutch social security payments.
Please refer to the website of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment for more information about the possible consequences for you and your dependents, such as exclusion from ‘AWBZ’ and ‘Zorgverzekeringswet’ coverage: ‘Werken bij een internationale organisatie’.