Data Management Specialist
Minimum age: 35 years old. Applicants must nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Information Management Advisor the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Explore new technologies, conduct experiments, and find solutions for UNDP UA in response to COVID-19 epidemic
- Develop, manage, and regularly update an electronic database of health, education, environmental, socio-economic impact of COVID-19 on Ukraine
- Conduct primary data collection (qualitative and quantitative) on COVID-19 impact on different regions and areas of Ukraine
- Assist in the design of socio-economic impact assessments of COVID-19 on MSMEs in the formal and informal economy;
- Conduct secondary data collection for socio-economic impact assessments (desk research);
- Design info-graphs, dashboards, and visual products for both printed and online presentation and circulation
- Assist in developing monitoring and evaluation and corporate decision support system through ideation, coding, training, and implementation
- Collect, clean, organise, analyse and provide up-to-date information for communication and reporting purposes
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Science, or Information Management; or a related area; a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree;Required experience: 180 Months Experience remark:
- At least 15 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in data management, or other relevant programmes; experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in international development, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian(Optional), Level - Fluent
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Ukraine and legal residents in the Ukraine with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 16 July 2020