Senior Quality Officer - Tripoli
The Senior Quality Officer ensures that the design, implementation and monitoring of the IRC ECD programs are in line with appropriate technical guidelines and meet high quality standards. The position strongly backs up the ECD team, by providing technical oversight and support, and plays a key role in ensuring harmonization of best practices across geographical areas. The position develops and delivers training and capacity building to different stakeholders, including IRC staff, local partners and authorities as needed.
Quality monitoring and implementation of ECD programs
- Perform regular quality supervisory visits to ECD facilities for quality assessment, monitoring, and guidance;
- Conduct a range of quality assurance tasks including observations, audits, completion of checklists and others;
- Asses the quality of implementation of different programs at IRC’s centers by using quality assurance indicators based on the guidelines and log frame;
- Support the ECD team in ensuring that the environment/premises standards are measured and respected across the centers, and performance is accomplished regarding selected indicators are adequate with the log-frame and technical guidelines;
- Based on observation, provide technical advice and pedagogical oversight to ECD staff, teachers and facilitators and develop quality improvement plans to ensure that program implementation in line with quality standards;
- Support the MEAL Department and other colleagues in the implementation of the accountability and feedback mechanisms (FARM), providing analysis of the surveys’ outcomes and beneficiaries’ feedback and ensuring complaints are properly redirected and addressed according to the standards;
- Support the ECD Field Manager and Field based-teams in identifying potential synergies and implementing pilots with other IRC programming sectors (Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment, Child Protection, etc.).
Training and Capacity Building
- Identify capacity building needs within the ECD program and develop capacity building plans for ECD staff, facilitators and teachers;
- Oversee the implementation of capacity building plans at the field level, including training, coaching and on-the-job training;
- Lead the implementation of Training of Trainers (ToT) workshops and other capacity building initiatives in the field;
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for trainings and capacity building sessions in the field;
- Upon need, support ECD officers in the mentoring of Teachers, Facilitators and volunteers’ and monthly Learning Circles;
- Report activities on a weekly basis to the Field Manager and Technical Manager, highlighting immediately any difficulty or delay faced in the implementation of activities to the ECD Manager;
- Share monthly reports to direct supervisor against progress in the field, noting/identifying potential areas of improvement and technical recommendations.
- Identify and document programmatic lessons learnt and participate in knowledge management activities;
- Collaborate with the ECD manager regarding archiving system and overall organization of the records;
- Support the production of case studies, success stories and monthly program newsletters;
- Actively participate in coordination meetings, planning and reporting processes, monitoring and evaluation of activities;
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:ECD Manager (Field based)
Technical Reporting to: Senior Technical and Quality Manager (Beirut based)
Position directly supervises:none
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Senior Quality, Training, and Capacity Building Officer, RMEAL team, IRC field teams, IRC sector staff and support departments.